Senior Project Advisor
Reference Code: 104482
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
We all need Energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. We take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
Are you passionate about project execution, working in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of engaging with diverse stakeholders to drive excellence in project implementation? At TC Energy, we take pride in our ability to execute capital projects safely, on time, on budget and with quality. The Project Governance and Assurance team is looking for a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual to take on the role of Senior Project Advisor.
Working within TC Energy’s Technical Center and reporting to the Manager Project Assurance, the Senior Project Advisor will act as a leading technical authority, supporting the delivery of TC Energy’s project governance program, the Project Delivery Standard (PDS), to a diverse portfolio of capital projects across the organization.
In this role, the Senior Project advisor will leverage subject matter expertise in the areas of project execution, governance and assurance to support the effective application and implementation of PDS. As a trusted partner to our Business Units, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with project teams and other key stakeholders to develop and implement Assurance programs that influence positive project outcomes.
In addition, the Senior Project Advisor may perform the function of Project Advisor and/or support Project Advisors as needed to ensure the continuity of Governance and Assurance programs.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and facilitate project assurance reviews including phase planning, Project Specific Roadmap development, assurance plans and project best practices
- Lead and/or support Project Advisors in preparation of Stage-Gate and Construction Readiness reviews
- Promote a consistent approach in advising project teams of risks, deficiencies and recommended mitigation actions
- Assist Project teams in risk identification and development of mitigation strategies. Ensure mitigations meet requirements to advance the project through stage gating process
- Provide critical and experienced assessments of project readiness for stage-gate advancement, recognizing the critical role that Assurance plays to ensure projects are adequately managing risk and on a path to success
- Leverage Assurance findings to identify opportunities for improvements and lessons learned; influence continuous improvement of PDS framework and delivery of Assurance activity
- Collaboratively engage with Business Unit stakeholders and Technical Centre stakeholders to ensure effective application of PDS processes and tools for each opportunity or project
- Act as ambassador for Project Governance and Assurance, ensuring effective communication of PDS requirements for projects personnel as required
- Contribute to team planning and scheduling of Assurance activity. Make recommendations and identify resourcing requirements to ensure effective delivery of Assurance programs
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Project Advisors where appropriate
- Support delivery of PDS Training and other departmental initiatives as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with preference a for a degree in Engineering
- Minimum (10-15) years of hands-on project execution experience, preferably in the upstream or midstream energy sector and power and storage (renewables) sector
- Minimum (5-10) years of experience working in an organization with a defined governance program and structured Stage-Gate project development and execution process
- Strong understanding of commercial project drivers and the criticality of underlying project economics
- Demonstrated competence with project management fundamentals of budgeting, scheduling, quality assurance and risk management strategies.
- Demonstrated competence with engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) fundamentals.
- Experience as a principally accountable Senior Project Manager managing major capital projects
- Hands-on experience on complex and difficult multi-disciplinary projects and megaprojects would be an asset
- Demonstrated strong abilities in prioritizing and organizing work
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated a strong sense of collaboration and an aptitude for conflict resolution
- Demonstrated a high level of tolerance to ambiguity with a bias towards action
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and Management
- Demonstrate a Customer-Focused mindset towards our Business Unit partners
- Demonstrated diplomacy and strong facilitation skills with a problem solving and action-oriented mindset
- Proficiency using MS Office suite of software products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and other).
About our Business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states. Our Calgary head office is home to more than 2,500 professional, technical, engineering and project management employees.
Apply to this posting by 05/27/2022 using reference code 104482. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.