Reporting to the Manager, Engineering, the Senior Reliability Engineer will apply knowledge and expertise to identify and mitigate potential safety, reliability, maintainability, or operational problems and to ensure safe, reliable, and efficient operation of various types of equipment, including rotating equipment, instruments, and safety systems. In this role, you will be working across the maintenance, operations and technical functions to help drive effectiveness and integration across the various programs supporting reliability and process integrity.
This position is based in Calgary, and requires, as needed, travel to the Company’s operating site for an extended duration.
- Act as an expert resource in the area of reliability engineering and rotating equipment for other teams in the Company.
- Setup maintenance strategies and availability trends for various types of equipment and safety systems of Company operating assets.
- Lead and support root cause analysis (RCA) investigations, and complete reports and recommendations on preventative measures.
- Provide technical support to the Operations and Maintenance teams for the development and execution of maintenance program and material management.
- Support operation and maintenance team for creation of standard PM programs, work instructions and performance standards.
- Develop and maintain the asset criticality and PM library for all asset classes.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and solve rotating system reliability and performance issues.
- Complete reliability data analysis and monitor performance of key reliability support activities and identify reliability improvement opportunities.
- Provide maintenance and reliability expertise to capital project including FAT and SAT of rotating equipment. Ensure reliability considerations are included into project decision making.
- Interface with project and vendor companies on rotating equipment technical requirements and issues.
- Maintain plans and procedures to ensure technical specifications’ compliance to applicable codes, standards, regulations and best industry practice.
- Respond to operational issues, participate in management of change.
- Professional Mechanical or Chemical Engineer registered with APEGA.
- 12+ years’ engineering and maintenance experience in the oil & gas industry.
- 5+ years’ plant reliability experience, preferably in the field operation of thermal oilsands and shale gas facilities, including well pads.
- Strong technical understanding of oil and gas processing plant reliability, equipment maintenance, data analysis, PM optimization, project management, maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Working expertise with rotating equipment/packages, material engineering and API codes and standards, and RCM tools.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Exhibits strong analytical, trouble shooting, problem solving, and computer skills.
- Strong critical thinking, operations analysis, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, flexible environment. A self-starter with attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel to and work at site for an extended duration as needed.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.