Senior SAP BPC Developer
Reference Code: 91064
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Information Technology/Systems
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. TC Energy’s job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and commitment.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.
The IS Application Optimization and Support (AOS) teams ensure that people, processes, information and support systems are aligned to realize the best value from enterprise-wide IT investments. The team is responsible for the efficient and timely support of the TC Energy’s ERP (SAP) functional and business facing modules. To enable this, the team partners with business groups across TC Energy as well as Information Systems teams to identify improvement opportunities along with providing operational support of the suite of applications.
Reporting to the Leader of the AOS Corporate and Technical Center team, the Senior SAP BPC Developer will work within the team to support SAP BPC. This individual will have an exceptional understanding of complex financial business processes as they apply to TC Energy’s application of SAP BPC, and across the industry at large. The successful applicant will be responsible for working with Business Stakeholders, as well as the SAP Delivery team to ensure the successful operation of a wide range of financial consolidation processes. This role will apply functional, technical and integration knowledge of SAP ECC, SAP Business Warehouse, SAP ABAP Programming, and other supporting technologies.
What you’ll do
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to work across teams to implement BPC model enhancement
- Collaborate with the Financial Planning, Accounting, and other business partners as well as the Business Analytics, Reporting & Warehousing Teams, SAP ABAP Developers, and other technical resources daily;
- Create and prepare BPC EPM reports and input templates as well as update the report library based on data changes and processes as required
- Perform data loads, maintain master data, author and execute BPC reports
- Maintain and execute data package
- Update and maintain dimensions, hierarchies and data elements in BPC for approved data changes and processes as required
- Create and Modify BPC script logic, Member Formulas, Business Rules and Controls as dictated by the data governance framework
- Clearly explain formula requirements to ABAP programmers, supervise ABAP script creation, and perform quality assurance evaluation of script development
- Ability to configure and maintain Business Process Flows and Work Status (model dependent)
- Prepare and maintain up to date BPC process and system documentation and end user training materials in collaboration with the process owners
- Provide cross-functional technical support to identify, prioritize, and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Monitor and resolve incidents related to BPC
- Create change requests with release management for transport process
- Interface with BPC Business Administrators in understanding business requirements
- Present recommendations and solutions to various stakeholders such as the BPC user groups and Development teams
- Provide cross-functional leadership to identify, prioritize, and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Maintain F/X rates and currency conversion functionality in collaboration with Treasury accounting
- Assist Security team with BPC user access configuration requirements
- Collaborate with ABAP developers in support of existing and new BADI requirements
- Clearly explain formula requirements to ABAP programmers, review ABAP script creation, and perform quality assurance evaluation of script development
- A degree in information technology or computer science with a minimum of 6 years of functional SAP BI/BPC experience. Alternatively, an equivalent combination of education and related experience would be considered.
- Experience with at least 3 complete implementation cycles (including at least 1 cycle in a BW/HANA- 7.4/7.5 environment)
- 2 complete implementation cycles with BPC version 10.1 or higher is required
- 5 years’ experience in financial consolidation using SAP BPC
- 5 years’ experience with SAP BW including at least 3 years with BW on HANA
- 6+ years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting complex financial business processes and application in multi-tier system architecture
- Excellent knowledge of industry best practices to define processes in order to meet internal and external requirements
- Effective coaching and knowledge transfer skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, reporting and business acumen in order to understand and meet business stakeholder needs
- In depth knowledge of BPC model security framework and assist functional business areas to optimize the models
- Ability to self-manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong time management, administrative and organizational skills with ability to handle a varied and demanding workload
- Solid knowledge in IT change management processes and familiarity with tools such as ServiceNow and ChaRM
- Knowledge of data warehouse and data transformation, staging, migration and integration is a must
- Experience with SAP EPM 10.1 on BW 7.4 / HANA 1.0 and reporting with Business Objects
- Good knowledge of S/4HANA & BPC on S/4HANA
- 3–5 years of experience in Java programming is an asset
- Expert / advanced BPC script-logic and complex query statements skills (i.e. SQL, PL/SQL) is a must
- Expert / advanced Excel skills is a must
- Ability to deal with confidential information and materials
- SAP Training Certifications in SAP HANA, BW, ABAP, BOBJ and BPC EPM Add-in 10. x and higher is an asset
- Strong knowledge of SAP modules including, at a minimum, FI, CO, PPM, PS, HR and EAM
- Ability to write technical specifications for implementation of BPC Data models
- Project management and business analysis skills will be required to effectively collect on-going requirements, define solutions alternatives, and implement solutions
- System expertise with BPC functional configuration and development with emphasis on core financial business processes including consolidating, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Possess strong analytical and technical capabilities to effectively manage and optimize the BPC Models
- Familiarity with report creation using SAP BusinessObjects BI client tools especially SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for Microsoft Office or OLAP
- Knowledge on HANA planning functions, HANA views and AMDP procedures
- Good knowledge of Financial Consolidation processes with integration between SAP S/4 and SAC Group Reporting is desirable
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of user group using strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important and critical deadlines)
- Strong knowledge on how Financial Planning processes and solutions work in an integrated fashion with other business domains
About Information Services
We’re driven by the relentless delivery of bottom-line benefits, utilizing talented people, nimble process and the right technology. We’re focused on outcome-based innovation and committed to be an idea factory with our business partners. We define success as the delivery of impactful, innovative solutions, not the deployment of technology.
Apply to this posting by 10/22/2021 using reference code 91064. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.