SENIOR SPECIALIST, COMMUNICATIONS – INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
Why work at AltaGas?
We are a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy. (“https://contactmonkey.com/api/v1/tracker?cm_session=ef0c6533-a0fa-4e38-8f75-48ad2638776a&cm_type=link&cm_link=537a3485-3edd-47f5-b2c3-9bee53e99b91&cm_destination=https://www.altagas.ca/about/overview-altagas“)
How do you fit in?
AltaGas requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual who thrives in fast-paced work environments and is committed to delivering exceptional service and excellent results. Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Senior Specialist, Communications plays a critical role in creating an engaged and productive workforce through the execution of cohesive and effective internal communications campaigns and products. The Senior Specialist, Communications will be expected to work collaboratively within a high-performing team to produce impactful results for our internal clients. In addition, the successful candidate will play an essential role in contributing to the company’s culture of delivering operational excellence by helping to drive key corporate messages throughout the organization using a variety of tools and channels.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and implementing strategic communications plans and campaigns
- Creating clear, cogent and compelling communications materials
- Managing the Company’s Intranet portal
- Providing sound advice and communications support to internal clients as a communications business partner
- Staying abreast of what is happening in the company by forming and fostering relationships with employees across the company to generate content for internal news channels
- Evaluating and measuring success of internal communications efforts to improve effectiveness
- Planning, promoting and overseeing logistics for internal corporate events
- Supporting external corporate events such as the Annual General Meeting, as required
- Staying informed about new trends in the communications field to help drive continuous improvement of communications strategies as appropriate
What you must have:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in the communications field, corporate experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in digital communications environment
- Requires exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and the ability to meet deadlines, and work under pressure on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of company personnel, including senior management
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to design and execute communications campaigns
- Experience with social media tools as well as design software such as Adobe suite of products would be an asset as would internet and website technical skills.
- Strong command of Office 365 Suite of products including SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of the Gas and Utility industries is an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101 (“https://www.altagas.ca/infrastructure/altagas-101“). While you will be based in Calgary, you will be part of a global team with colleagues in Washington, D.C., Anchorage, Alaska and Port Huron, Michigan.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.