ARC has had an exciting growth story driven by the invaluable contributions of our people, principled business strategy and high-performance culture. Today, we are one of Canada’s largest energy companies with industry-leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance and tremendous opportunity on the horizon.
We are proud to play an important role in the development of Canada’s energy resources and recognize that this must be done responsibly. Through innovation, teamwork and a commitment to operational excellence, our people drive our company’s success. From the office to the field, our team of talented professionals work hard each day to safely execute our business and create positive and lasting impacts for our stakeholders.
Since our inception, we have created an environment that has become more than just a workplace. Our people care about one another, give back in the communities where we live and work, and deliver results. We take pride in what we do and are excited to find our next team member to join our winning team.
We are currently seeking a Senior Surface Landman for a position in our Surface Land team. The successful candidate will have broad based knowledge of the oil and gas industry as well extensive working knowledge of all surface related matters in Western Canada. This exciting full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Manager, Surface Land & Indigenous Relations
- Lead all aspects of the surface land acquisition process for wellsites, pipeline and facilities
- Manage and coordinate surveyors, land brokers, environmental and archaeological consultants
- Ensure regulatory compliance and timely approval of capital and maintenance programs
- Negotiation of Surface Lease and Right-of-Way Agreements
- Settling damage claims and negotiating rental reviews
- Consultation with local indigenous communities to address any project specific concerns
- Protecting and managing ARC’s social license to operate
- Supporting the reclamation team on any ARO activities
- Supporting the field on all maintenance activities
- Managing regulator requests and audits related to acquisitions
- Liaising with asset teams and participating in regular meetings to ensure project status and surface land challenges are properly communicated and understood
- Analyzing and remaining current on applicable policies and regulation on freehold and crown lands affecting surface rights, environmental issues and land access issues;
- Developing and maintaining efficient communication and cohesion within operational groups
- Providing strong mentorship within the surface land teamCommitment to demonstrating a high level of professionalism, self-discipline, and integrity.
The ideal candidates will possess the following key attributes:
- A valid Permanent Land Agents license;
- A minimum of 12 years as a Surface Land Agent in the petroleum industry;
- Post-secondary education in a land related discipline is preferred;
- Strong knowledge of British Columbia regulations and AMS;
- Exceptional reporting and organizational skills;
- The ability to self-start, manage and prioritize workloads while effectively working as a team member and communicating appropriately
- Superior business acumen and proven ability to recognize business opportunities and how they relate to ARC’s overall performance;
- Exceptional relationship building capabilities and a collaborative working style;
- Strong computer skills including CS Explorer, Pandell Projects & GeoScout;
- Ability and willingness to travel to the field as required;
- Valid driver’s license;
- High level of enthusiasm and willingness to take initiative; and
- Excellent work ethic and ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Closing Date: June 21, 2021
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.