Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Director Trading, the Senior Trader is responsible for the commercial trading activities involved to support AltaGas’ LPG export terminals. This person will require strong analytical trading acumen, in depth understanding of global energy markets and the ability to actively trade current and future positions with the goal of mitigating risk and locking in margins (hedging).
What you’ll be doing:
- Accountable for developing and executing hedging activities to support AltaGas’ LPG export terminals
- Responsible for modeling, pricing, and establishing profitable hedging strategies across several types of commodity exposures – predominately propane and butane
- Monitor the Mark-to-Market of various physical and financial positions
- Provide P&L reports and forecasts and make recommendations to Senior Management
- Present strategies at weekly hedging meetings for senior leadership team
- Develop and maintain business processes and systems to ensure proper administration of executed contracts
What you must have:
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum 10 years energy trading or marketing experience, with emphasis on experience running a risk book
- Experience analyzing, measuring and evaluating product pricing, budgets and profitability
- Strong analytical, management and organizational skills
- Experience researching and problem solving
- Superior oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Technical understanding of NGL markets is required
- Willingness to accept and foster change
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities, taking on new responsibilities as required
- Professional in manner and value confidentiality in all dealings
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers.
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.