Our client, a major oil and gas company, has an immediate opening for a full-time Shift Foreman in the Drayton Valley area.
This position has an 8/6 schedule with 24/7 availability, as required. It is accountable for providing the plant operations team with direction, facilitation, and coordination to perform Production/Operation objectives in a safe, efficient manner while maintaining required production requirements. Responsible for performance and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Ensure maximum performance of the plant by effectively using maintenance systems and implementing procedures & training to optimize production and minimize cost
• Comply with safety policies and procedures
• Drive a top tier safety culture within the Operations group
• Supervise, communicate with and coach shift operating employees to achieve maximum performance
• Assist Maintenance Foreman in prioritizing department work orders
• Inform Chief Steam Engineer of potential major production & environmental concerns, take immediate corrective actions as required and propose longer term solutions
• Support full compliance with the collective agreement and foster sound union/management/employee relations
• Support the Chief Steam Engineer in ensuring the plant complies with ABSA legislation
• Assist with Turnaround estimating/planning as workload dictates
• Work with HSE safety advisor to ensure compliance to the HSE Manual
• Participate in safety meetings with Plant Operations
• Coordinate and monitor contractor activities as needed for maintenance and Capital projects
• Update and maintain information in company’s records systems and department databases (i.e. PVR, pigging records, etc.)
• Accountable for scheduling in scope plant operators
• Accountable to budgeted operating costs and budgeted revenues with attention to plant efficiency/capacity, NGL recoveries, plant balances and daily nominations
• Attend Operations meetings as required
• Assist in the onboarding and training of staff
• Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly
• Responsible for short-term planning and keeping Chief Steam Engineer and Plant Operations aware of decisions being made
• Ensure field tickets are coded and signed properly
• Prepare weekly shift reports
• Provide input to annual Operations and Capital Maintenance Budget
• ABSA 3rd class certification preferred
• Minimum ten years’ experience in gas plant operations, preferably with sour gas experience
• 3-5 Years in a leadership role within gas plant operations
• Consideration will be given to those with similar industrial steam plant and processing experience
• A valid driver’s license and provide a drivers abstract upon request
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
• Preference will be given to candidates living in the Drayton Valley area
• Demonstrated proficiency in a leadership role
• Possess above average interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Able to work well in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
• Able to deal with people diplomatically and professionally at all times
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO and this position; however only candidates found to be a strong fit will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 20-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska team, the sky is the limit!
To apply for this job please visit roskadbo.catsone.com.