The Shift Team Lead – Maintenance Mechanical will be responsible for a CNRL and contractor based team providing mechanical maintenance services and assisting with the execution of the U2 Maintenance Strategy in Upgrading and Utilities (U2) at our Horizon Oil Sands operation while reporting to the Utilities Maintenance Superintendent
Please note this is a 8 days on, 6 days off rotation working Tuesday to Tuesday following the B/D crew rotation.
This position is based at Horizon, North of Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary, Edmonton, or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – LOCATION PREMIUMS – FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
• Work together with direct reports to plan, monitor, and review an employee’s work objectives and overall contribution to the organization (performance management)
• Provide situational appropriate leadership, mentoring and coaching for Lead Hands
• Ensure lead hands, trades persons and contractors provide accurate work order history
• Manage costs effectively by:
o Approve short notice and weekend overtime
o Sign CNRL Time Sheets and Contractor Overtime Requests
o Coordinate across value steams
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Ensure that the safety, quality and efficiency model is being utilized
• Responsible for executing all of the scheduled & non-scheduled work in Utilities.
• Responsible to ensure compliance with CNRL maintenance standards and procedures
• Responsible for the implementation of maintenance strategies and initiatives
• Interface with Maintenance/Operations Coordinators, Planning Supervisors, Facilities Engineer, and Contractors to ensure timely coordination of the maintenance schedule
• Work with planning teams to track work order requirements and follow up on repairs.
• Drive schedule process including weekly and 6 week look ahead and partnering with the Operations Coordinator to ensure equipment is ready for scheduled maintenance
• Vetting all work orders and back logs for the Business Unit and Turn Around while ensuring all protocols are being followed
• Manage a complex work scope including organizing and driving small projects and initiatives.
• Work with operations to ensure maintenance functions are in sync with the plant requirements.
• Identify recurring problems and bad actors so that engineered solutions are provided.
• Take proactive measures to address improvement opportunities through the “Management of Change” system.
• Ensure all CNRL and Contractors Lead Hands and Foreman have clear expectations and understanding of all scheduled & non-scheduled work.
• Audit and enforce all mandatory HSE and trade specific training
• Co-facilitate daily scheduling meetings
• Typically 5-10+ years of demonstrated industry maintenance experience working within heavy oil and/or oil sands environment
• Typically 3+ years of supervisory experience
• Proof and maintenance of a valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License, or equivalent, is required
• Expertise in:
o Microsoft Office with intermediate computer skills
o Computerized maintenance management systems such as Maximo is an asset
o Millwright/Machinist, Pipefitter/Steamfitter, Boilermaker/Welder Journeyman (Red Seal) trades certificate is considered an asset
To see related Maintenance roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Maintenance
Our Horizon Oil Sands Mining Operations
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=12416&source=BOE%20Report →