The Site Administrator is the first point-of-contact at Strike’s various construction project locations, and presents a positive and professional image of Strike to all clients, suppliers, associates, callers and office visitors. Administrators maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality in all interactions. The site administrator must be willing to travel to various project sites across Alberta.
A Site Administrator provides administrative support in a Strike field office setting for short-term construction projects. An administrator is approachable, organized, and customer service oriented.
- General Administration/Communication/Reception: Represent Strike in person, on the phone and through electronic communications. Communicate current information with clients and staff. Maintain a professional and organized administrative office space.
- Worker Hires/Rehires: Assist with new hire orientations, sign-on packages & client orientations.
- Payroll: Enter worker hours for payroll processing and review for accuracy. Prepare invoices for contractor and employee owned equipment.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare, distribute and track field tickets for customer approval. Prepare customer invoices. Enter customer invoices into their approved accounting system.
- Accounts Payable: Verify incoming invoices and process for payment. Develop a good working relationship with vendors.
- Purchasing: Issue purchase orders, track incoming invoices and ensure alignment with job/project costs.
- Reporting: Run reports for job costing, project data, requested audits and other analytical purposes.
- Health and Safety: Assist with HSE and quality control functions as business activity level demands additional coverage.
PROJECT LOCATION / SHIFT SCHEDULE
- Initially this position will be based out of Grande Prairie however the successful candidate must be willing to travel to other project site locations across Alberta. This position is project based.
- Required shifts will be 14 days on 7 days off.
- Office administration or accounting diploma or bachelor’s degree (i.e. administration, accounting, commerce) is preferred.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Experience within the oilfield and or construction industry is considered an asset.
APPLICANT REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must be willing travel to various project sites across Alberta
- Willing to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Possess a problem solving and critical thinking attitude
- Effective written, oral and peer-to-peer communication skills
- Detail oriented work ethic
- Friendly and approachable
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with 15 locations in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.