Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, temporary Soil Monitor in Fort McMurray, Alberta. The successful candidate must have previous experience with environmental monitoring and a strong understanding of soil salvage. This position will be required to work closely with contractors while monitoring activities and ensuring environmental regulations are being complied with at all times.
- Diploma and/or Bachelor’s degree in Land Reclamation, Agronomy, Environmental Science, Forestry or another applicable field
- 1-3 years previous experience working in a mine setting conducting soil salvage and placement activities
- Experience creating detailed maps displaying soil salvage and placement
- Understanding of soil classification, soil handling, and soil placement
- Experience working with contractors
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competent with Word and Excel
- Willing to learn and assume more responsibility as the project and position evolves
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract
- Monitoring soil salvage and placement operations
- Daily interaction with contractors and enforcement of environmental regulations
- Conducting soil quality assessments
- Driving in a mine and/or off-road conditions
- Daily field reporting
- Data Management (Data Tables, Borehole logs, Photographs, Inputting field data sheets)
- Other duties as required
- This position will be based out of Fort McMurray, Alberta. No relocation offered.
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skill set to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
To apply for this job please visit vertex.ca.