We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Corporate Support Services team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary to support our Information Services department.
We are seeking an analytical and creative Solution Architect who has knowledge and experience creating deliverables that help develop a direction for managing TC Energy’s portfolio of strategic solutions to align with targeted business outcome objectives. You will be responsible for proactively providing proven solutions architecture techniques and project support by applying process, procedures, standards, guidelines and best practices.
What you’ll do
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes
- Design and lead the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities and business requirements
- Manage and develop the architecture for a broader scope of projects
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models with a focus on digital transformation
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of information technology strategies
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation)
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Work within the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture)
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations
- Consult with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised
- Other tasks as determined
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution with a focus in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related study
- Six or more (6+) years of related experience in IT with a preference in applying architecture methodology
- Understanding of agile methods and processes, and capability of supporting agile project teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts, application, and issues of at least two of the following architectural domains: Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Solution Architecture, Technical Architecture
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to facilitate teamwork and negotiation
- Proven change management experience and the ability to communicate and influence peers towards innovative business outcomes
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives and an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements
- Architectural Certification considered an asset or an equivalent combination of accreditation, training and experience
- Strong knowledge of techniques for achieving operational excellence (for example, Lean Six Sigma, Total Quality Management [TQM], or Capability Maturity Model [CMM]) and operational frameworks (for example, Control Objectives for Information and related Technology [COBIT] or IT Infrastructure Library [ITIL])
- Working knowledge in (2 or 3) or more of Bus/IT concepts is considered an asset – business process / information modeling, collaboration, information/data management, and portfolio rationalization
- Experience in the following platforms would be an asset: SAP, ServiceNow, AWS Cloud
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a focus in superior customer service
- Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture with an ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting and able to propose and estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 09/23/2019 using reference code 59763. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.