Source Energy Services
Source Energy Services (“Source”) is a fully integrated producer, supplier and distributor of high-quality Northern White frac sand. This sand is a preferred product for the oil and gas industry for use in the hydraulic fracturing of oil and natural gas wells. Source primarily sells frac sand, to customers operating in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (“WCSB”) through its strategically located terminal network, which Source believes is the largest of its kind in Canada. We are in the process of expanding operations into the Marcellus Shale and Permian basin to meet the demand and needs of our customers. Source currently has the capability to produce over three million metric tonnes per year of Northern White frac sand from its Wisconsin mines.
In addition to its frac sand production and transportation facilities, Source has also developed Sahara, a proprietary wellsite mobile sand storage and handling system. Despite Sahara’s small physical footprint, the system offers a storage capacity of approximately 1,800 metric tonnes, which is greater than that of many competitor systems, and can be loaded significantly faster than pneumatic systems. Additionally, the system is recognized for its ability to reduce silica dust (a significant health concern), reduce noise and reduce truck traffic at the wellsite (a significant safety concern). Source has applied for several patents in respect of the Sahara.
$2,500.00 SIGNING BONUS
Job Title: Sahara Operator I – Supervisor I
Reports To: Field Manager
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Pay Type: Hourly (Overtime eligible)
Position Summary: With 2+ years of oilfield experience, the successful candidate will be accountable for ensuring proper maintenance and compliance with company and third-party procedures as well as expected to effectively and safely operate the Sahara units and associated equipment. Employees work a rotation of 15 days on and 6 days off. Meals and accommodations are paid for by Source while working. Starting annual wage is $70,000 annually as a new operator with the ability to earn over $100,000 annually.
Open to candidates within: Grande Prairie, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton and surrounding areas. A travel allowance will be provided to candidates for travel to and from our base locations in Grande Prairie and Red Deer to our service areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in proper set-up and take-down procedures for all parts of plant pre and post-transport;
- Ensure proper maintenance and effective operation of Sahara plant on location;
- Monitor input and outflow of material to and from Sahara plant; guiding supply drivers in offload; and
- Effectively work in a team environment and with other services on location.
We are looking for individuals with a hardworking attitude, who have working knowledge of tools and mechanics. Individuals must be self-motivated and adaptable to change. Other basic requirements include:
- 2+ years’ experience in an oilfield or construction environment requiring strict adherence to operational procedural and provincial safety standards;
- A mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn;
- Previous frac experience is preferred;
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different personalities;
- First Aid / H2S not required but considered an asset;
- Able to pass pre-employment and ongoing drug, alcohol and fit suitability testing; and
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driving record (no suspensions). This must be presented as part of the application process.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed. It is understood that this is not a contract. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position without notice at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.