Requisition Id: 22367
Department: Sourcing – Grande Prairie Function
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Grand Prairie Office is recruiting for a Sourcing Specialist to join the team. This position reports to the Sourcing Coordinator (based in Grande Prairie) in the Supply Chain Management Department, part of Pembina’s Operating Services Unit (OSU). Operating Services Unit (OSU) is one of many service units within Pembina’s Corporate Services Division (CSD).
Summary of Responsibilities
The role of the Sourcing Specialist is to support Pembina’s field operations by ensuring all materials and services are procured in a manner to drive maximum value from our operations. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all supply chain activities are executed with the highest standards of ethics and integrity and are in strict adherence to Pembina’s policies. The role will be based in Grande Prairie and will require routine travel to field locations to build and maintain relationships and to ensure alignment with peer group and stakeholder business drivers. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the business unit, service units, engineering, operations and maintenance staff in the procurement of materials and services as required;
- Build and maintain strong relationships and integrated processes with the planning and scheduling functions;
- Provide turn-around support and rotating after-hours coverage;
- Provide supply chain management process guidance, sourcing recommendations and contracting support to operations and maintenance stakeholders to ensure procurement strategies are in accordance with Pembina’s corporate and supply chain policies, standards and processes;
- Review technical scopes of work to ensure alignment with commercial documents;
- Draft RFx documents, including selection and drafting of compensation models that align with operations and maintenance objectives;
- Implement and manage the RFx and single/sole source process, including spend analytics, creation of RFx packages, administration, evaluation and award recommendation;
- Develop and conduct onboarding and pre-qualification activities, assess sourcing risk and ensure suppliers meet Pembina’s standards in accordance with ISNetworld and other supplier-related management tools;
- Build and maintain SAP outline agreements;
- Work with suppliers to expedite orders of materials and assist in resolution of incomplete or incorrect shipments;
- Perform post-award purchase order/contract administration, including change orders and invoice attestation;
- Lead claims mitigation and dispute resolution with support from leader;
- Complete close-out of purchase orders, working with operations and maintenance stakeholders;
- Review and liaise with leader and Pembina’s legal team on exceptions posed to Pembina’s terms and conditions;
- Work with internal stakeholders and the supplier community to identify continuous improvement opportunities and support Pembina’s vision for operational excellence;
- In consultation with the Senior Advisor, Indigenous and Local Contracting, work with stakeholders to provide opportunities to local and Indigenous suppliers where appropriate;
- Identify, negotiate and capture cost savings opportunities;
- Actively participate in peer groups, workshops, training and development and cross-functional meetings, and collaborate with the team to share lessons learned, best practices and problem-resolutions and opportunities as they arise;
- Provide support and coverage to other sourcing specialists in the organization as required;
- Ensure field procurement is in alignment with corporate and category management agreements and strategies;
- Provide training to new hires and current staff as needed on new process implementations as well as on-going support for process and/or system changes; and
- Contribute to a team environment that values inclusion & diversity.
- Post-secondary education and professional designation (SCMP or CCM) or enrollment in a Supply Chain Management program is an asset;
- Minimum 5 years related work experience in Supply Chain Management, specifically performing the sourcing/procurement function;
- Related experience in the oil and gas industry and specifically within the midstream/pipeline industry is required;
- Experience and familiarity using SAP for procurement of materials and services is required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and document control;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Able to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision;
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage, negotiate and build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and at all levels;
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional customer service;
- Previous experience in a field-based work environment is an asset;
- Able and willing to travel to field locations; and
- Possess a valid class five driver’s license.
The successful candidate must live within 100 KM of Grande Prairie, AB
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.