Requisition Id: 23608
Department: Project Portfolio Management Department
Pembina Pipeline Corporation’s Calgary office is recruiting for a Specialist, Program Management to join the team. This position reports to the Manager, Project Portfolio Management in the Information Services Unit (ISU), part of Pembina’s Corporate Services division. The Specialist, Program Management (SPM) will be responsible for achieving the approved program goals and vision for a particular organizational strategic outcome. The SPM will manage and coordinate a set of program components (initiatives and projects) to obtain outcomes that could not have been achieved by managing the components individually; and will have full responsibility to ensure cross-project work effort remains feasible from a business standpoint and the program benefits can be realized.
- Ensure the program components (set of projects and initiatives) are delivered successfully and align to program vision and benefits;
- Ensure the program components (set of projects and initiatives) align with the ISU Strategy;
- Develop, execute, and monitor program through definition, execution, closure and benefit delivery;
- In partnership with sponsor and/or sponsors, develop and implement program governance structure;
- Provide oversight, coordination, and manage dependencies of program components
- Monitor and respond to decisions, issues, and risks at the program level;
- Ensure timely, cumulative strategic benefit realization throughout the program
- Accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of all program components;
- Create and execute program plan and schedule;
- Review component project plans with Project Manager/Coordinators for conformance to program vision, benefits, plan, and schedule;
- Act as the communications conduit to Executive sponsors and program governance, and conduct briefings/status updates;
- Maintain program integrity and coherence;
- Manage funding for all program components;
- Ensure proper allocation of resources across all program components; and
- Support and Inclusive and Diverse workplace.
Ideal candidate should:
- Have a strategic and benefit focus and will drive the program decisions;
- Possesses project/program management knowledge, technical knowledge, and strong business management skills;
- Is a strong leader, able to create, share and motivate towards a vision by creating collaboration amongst teams;
- Is able to influence without authority through negotiation, interpersonal skills, and motivation skills;
- Is a skilled change agent, able to act quickly and handle broad change with incremental benefit realization; and
- Is comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s in IT or Engineering or related experience;
- Experience in project management or program management (preference given to those with program management experience);
- Experience in managing project/program budgets;
- Have successfully completed and delivered large/complex projects/programs;
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills;
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management principles and performance evaluation processes; and
- PMP certification is an asset, not a must.
Final candidate will be required to undergo a background check; including a criminal record check.
No agency calls please.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
For more than 65 years, Pembina has safely and reliably served North America’s energy industry, delivering oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids production to North American markets.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high and our rewards reflect this: We treat our people well – whether it’s through our compensation package, community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous social activities.
Pembina provides everything you could want in an employer. We are a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018-2021), Alberta’s Top Employers (2014-2021), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019), and an Employer Partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion. We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.