SPECIALIST, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Team Lead, Measurement, this role is responsible for providing technical support and guidance on the OSISoft Pi Historian along with Measurement related assigned duties. This position may appeal to someone with 3 to 5 years of Operations or Engineering experience with an interest in data analytics and technology solutions. Field office or Calgary based applicants will be considered.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide guidance and support on all OSISoft Pi items
- Respond to internal and external customer queries and requests
- Work with various departments such as Operations, Engineering and Finance on data needs, reporting and other matters, as required.
- Identify optimization opportunities / propose innovative methods of facility monitoring and data analysis
- Create, assist and support in the set of PI-System tag / AF hierarchy / Notifications and alarming etc.
- Create, assist and support the development and maintenance of Pi related reporting (Pi Data) and visualizations (Process Book/Pi Vision)
- Provide consulting and support on Installation / configuration / monitoring of PI-System servers, interfaces & user tools
- Advise and perform data integrations to and from underlying controls systems
- Perform planning, upgrading, implementing and supporting OSI PI server, interface, client software & tools
- Monitoring / maintenance of PI-System security & deployment of patches
- Provide guidance and support on PI-System performance optimization, monitoring system health
- Provide support, advise and create Power Bi dashboards with multiple data sources
- Provide Training to new Pi users and existing users as required.
- Documenting and creating, training materials, procedures and best practices
- Provide support to the Measurement department
- Other application support as assigned
- Other duties/projects as assigned
What you must have:
- 3-5 years in system administration of OSIsoft Pi-System (Process Book, Pi Data Link, Pi Asset Framework, Pi Vision)
- 3-5 years of oil and gas industry knowledge/experience in relation to facility operations, engineering, facility monitoring, field data capture and/or data integration
- Knowledge/understanding government oil and gas regulations (Alberta (AER), Saskatchewan, British Columbia (OGC)
- Technical knowledge of networks and related hardware and software
- Knowledge data historian architectures and data integration with similar systems
- Experience and knowledge with Power Bi and Dashboards
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a Person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.