SENIOR SPECIALIST, FUTURE OF WORK ARCHITECT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Sr Principal, Digital Innovation & Data Science, you will be the evangelist for enabling the skills of the next generation workforce. Understand how we are going to reskill our current workforce and enable them with technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- Stakeholder alignment:
- Alignment of plans with HR, HSE and other stakeholders
- Stakeholder engagement down to grassroots level (Through focus groups, learning council and business partners)
- Alignment of Future of Work program with Innovation process
- Align FoW program with infrastructure & Operations and Digital Solution Delivery
- Create and maintain roadmaps:
- Agree and maintain a catalogue of skills that we want to enable
- Understand the drivers creating the requirement for future skills
- Identify initiatives, mapped against the skills that we want to enable
- Prioritize initiatives with consideration against impact, budget, difficulty
- Design execution plans
- Business analysis:
- Facilitator for arriving at skills, process, technology
- Create and maintain CX journey maps that will help us understand how the FoW capabilities relate to skills and roles
- Create Idea generation or problem definition activities e.g. Hackathons, Interviews, Surveys
- Design & Delivery:
- Lead design of innovative prototypes to enable productivity
- Development of our Anywhere Everywhere policy (includes BYOD) as well as the implementation of the policy
- Technology orientated training program (PowerBI, ERP data tools e.g. Quicklaunch), Low code development, collaboration tools
- Prototype design of new tools and technologies
- Participate in Innovation initiatives (Point of view, Prototype, Pilot)
- Program Level:
- Setup and coordination of Digital Learning Council
- Program Management (schedule, scope, budget, risk)
- Continuous research:
- Skills, Drivers for FoW, Technology, People and Spaces
- Partner with HR, EHS and other functions
- Evangelize the adoption and use of technologies supporting FoW
- Mentoring, handholding coaching of users
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline – Master’s Degree would be an asset
- At least 10 years experience in the Digital Architecture space
- Business analysis skill
- Project management skill
- Communication, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Training and people development experience – Trainer on steroids
- Skill as an effective communicator who can explain advantages of injecting new technologies into the business environment
- Thirst for knowledge, always exploring and aware of prevailing trends
- Understanding of and experience in strategy formulation, road mapping, architecture concepts
- Process design/Lean – applies scientific methods to proven outcomes
- High technology awareness
- Practical appreciation of Customer Experience (CX) and User Experience (UX) Design skillsets
- Behavior analysis/sociology
- Understands talent acquisition and challenges.
- High degree of understanding of OCM in the O&G sector and ALA specifically
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.