Start your career at a global company! PetroChina Canada (PCC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetroChina Company Limited which is partially owned by China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), a state-owned enterprise. CNPC is China’s largest oil company and the world’s third largest oil company, operating 91 energy-related projects in over 35 countries and regions. PCC has invested billions of dollars in an asset-rich portfolio of upstream, midstream, and downstream operations. In Alberta, this includes our MacKay River and Dover oilsands projects, Duvernay Shale Gas and a 50% interest in the Grand Rapids Pipeline. In British Columbia, we hold joint venture interests in the Groundbirch tight gas project and LNG Canada.
PCC is looking for a student to join our Duvernay Field Operations Team.
Reporting to the Operations ＆ Maintenance Coordinator, you will have an opportunity to learn about the shale gas industry while assisting in the production and operation of the Duvernay shale gas asset. This position is based in the field at our Duvernay Asset in West-Central Alberta and is a four-month term starting May 2024. The work schedule is 15 days on/13 days off.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Create ISO drawings of headers and Maps
- SER Inspections and clean ups
- Create a water infrastructure process flow diagram, help create procedures for water transferring.
- Create site specific procedures for new wells and pads.
- Help edit and clean up procedures.
- Help manage invoicing system.
- Help plan and execute OIR Projects.
- Learn plant and field processes.
- Working towards Power Engineering or Engineering, with at least 1 year completed
- Excellent computer skills
- Preferred software: Adobe, Cygnet, Microsoft Office, Teams, and Blubeam
- P&ID knowledge, PFD knowledge
- Driver’s license
- Willing to work in the field / stay in camp
- Confident, detail orientated and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; meet the time demands of unpredictable activities; capable of handling pressure and challenges in a dynamic business environment.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude.
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Adoption and demonstration of PCC Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.