Requisition Id: 24104
Department: No Selection
Pembina Pipeline Corporation is looking for summer students for the North Vancouver Wharves location for the summer term (May 2 – August 26, 2022). Applicants who will be attending a post-secondary institution in the Fall of 2022 and are able to work the entire term (May 2 to August 26) are invited to apply for a summer position with Pembina Pipeline Corporation.
To be considered for a Summer Student position, applicants must:
- Live within 60 kms of the Vancouver Facility
- Be attending a post-secondary institution in the Fall of 2022;
- Be able to work the entire term (May 2 to August 26); and
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Daily interface with Terminal Customers, Vessel agents, Railway, BCMEA, 3rd party Surveyors/ Samplers;
- Interpret Rail and Vessel pipeline for forecasting and scheduling of daily cargo transfer operations;
- Scheduling and dispatching longshore workforce (local 500 and 514) to meet customer requirements;
- Preparing Vessel loading advice and Daily operational instruction to Foreman;
- Database updates; Entries into Inventory management systems;
- Maintain and generate customer billing summaries for services rendered;
- Dual verification of Operations Log/Billing statements;
- Comply with Pembina, ESDC safety regulations, and adhere to EHS procedures Terminal TO&M’s and SSP’s;
- Assist with maintaining Staff Schedules;
- Site Documentation review and development;
- Provide overall support for Operations team as required;
- Vacation relief for Operations Customer service and Logistics team;
- General administrative tasks such as filing and scanning; and
- The ability to work Monday to Friday – dayshift.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- A desire to learn and to help others;
- Punctual, motivated and friendly;
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email software; and
- SAP knowledge is an asset.
This position is considered “Safety Sensitive” so will require Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Testing. You may also be required to provide a Driver’s Abstract.
No agency calls please.
Pembina is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Pembina Pipeline Corporation has been serving the transportation and midstream service needs of North America’s energy industry for over 60 years. We process, terminal and transport our customers’ products safely – all while protecting the environment and delivering on our commitments to our shareholders and community stakeholders. When we build something, we do it right.
Powering Pembina’s growth are our smart, creative and energetic people who allow us to remain a disciplined and responsible energy transportation and service provider and a trusted member in our communities.
Our expectations are high, and so are our rewards. We treat our people well – whether it’s through our total compensation package, our community engagement and volunteer opportunities, or our numerous fun social activities.
Pembina is a proud recipient of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018 and 2019), Alberta’s Top 75 Employers (2014-2019), and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2019). We are also a strong supporter of Skills Canada.
To apply for this job please visit careers.pembina.com.