Start your career at a global company! PetroChina Canada (PCC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetroChina Company Limited which is partially owned by China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC), a state-owned enterprise. CNPC is China’s largest oil company and the world’s third largest oil company, operating 91 energy-related projects in over 35 countries and regions. PCC has invested billions of dollars in an asset-rich portfolio of upstream, midstream, and downstream operations. In Alberta, this includes our MacKay River and Dover oilsands projects, Duvernay Shale Gas and a 50% interest in the Grand Rapids Pipeline. In British Columbia, we hold joint venture interests in the Groundbirch tight gas project and LNG Canada.
PCC has opportunities for engineering students to work in one of our teams and help support our assets in a variety of areas (e.g., Production, Drilling and Completions, Reservoir, Facilities). The positions are based out of our Calgary head office and are on a four-month term starting May 2024. Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of technical documents and presentations
- Assisting with the gathering, organization, and analysis of operational data
- Assisting with coordinating multi-discipline teams to complete risk, economic or technical based reviews
- Learning about and assisting with equipment performance monitoring, process optimization and resultant MOC and small projects in operating facilities
- Process simulation modelling and performance prediction
- Recommending methods to enhance economic production and recovery
- Reviewing of new technologies and equipment
- Update public drilling, completion and production data and conduct analysis against PCC’s internal data to identify the differences and historical trends
- Conduct public literature review on shale gas EOR technology, practice, and key conclusions
- Work with production and reservoir engineers to improve data validation and correction workflow.
- Support reporting inputs and data QC as required
- Support the team’s technical and reporting requests
- Participate in technical discussions and provide technical opinions and feedback
- Completion of 2nd year Petroleum, Geomatics, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, or other related field at an accredited post secondary institution or completion of 1 year graduate studies in a related field at an accredited post secondary institution
- One previous work term is an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Microsoft Office, Teams
- Preferred software: GeoScout, IHS Harmony, CMG Winprop
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and a willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Confident, detail orientated and enthusiastic team player.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; meet the time demands of unpredictable activities
- Excellent time management and scheduling skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team with a positive attitude.
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Adoption and demonstration of PCC Values (Honorable, Unified, Passionate, Accountable)
To apply for this job please visit petrochinacanada.startdate.ca.