Summit, An Earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Summit Connect (SC) team as a Construction Foreman. This position will be predominately field work based out of Brooks, Alberta.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will support the Project Manager regarding day to day on-site job tasks, being an efficient, effective and reliable member of the field crew. You will lead in the installation of telecommunication infrastructure including conduits, fiber optic cables and apparatuses to ensure the safe and efficient completion of the scope. You will be working 10 to 12 hours per day on a shift which may vary.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals.
You will carry out all duties in consultation with the Construction Manager on matters. Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following;
- Oversee, provide direction, and assist in the field with the day-to-day activities for multiple crews
- Assist with preparation and implementation of Construction Execution Plans
- Review all project documentation, including installation and scope requirement
- Project planning including installation methods, tools, equipment, and instruction to team members and crews
- Instruct crews on the project plan by outlining the order in which job procedures will be carried out
- Mentor and train team members to ensure the safe, efficient completion of work
- Prepare utility locate requests and track status and completion as part of the ground disturbance code of practice.
- Liaise with client representatives, the general public, and operations management to prevent or resolve any issues
- Ensure vehicles assigned to crews are maintained properly and CVIP requirements are followed
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment and able to undertake a variety of project related tasks, deadlines and ability to work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather conditions and isolated locations.
- 4+ years of telecom, utilities constructions, directional drilling, or industry experience, with a minimum of 1 year in a leadership role
- FTTH (Fibre To The Home) project experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of outside plant telecommunications network infrastructure, including aerial, buried and underground applications
- Excellent leadership, customer service, communication, and safety sense
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected telecommunications services company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.