SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our Summit Decommissioning Services Division as a Business Development Representative based out of our Calgary, AB office. This is a full-time position. (Competition #21-06-0419).
- Promote and sell Summit’s asset retirement services across Western Canada and Internationally, with a specialized focus on Summit’s Decommissioning Services
- Attend sales, operations and management meetings as requested
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results in CRM
- Keep up to date on relevant industry information, directive, guides, and information
- Support operations in delivering services as required
- Communication with local area regulators, clients, landowners, consultants and employees
- Build and maintain strong customer relations
- Assists with the development and implementation of sales strategies to increase sales and profits
- Develop and deliver sales presentations in a professional and effective manner by developing technical presentations for potential customers and maintaining up to date awareness of company activities, industry trends and government regulations
- Potential requirement for field sales calls, field visits and visits to field offices.
- Business development; including strategic planning of marketing and implementation of Summit’s various services
- Development of existing accounts generating leads and sales, cold calling clients, and assessment of marketing opportunities and target markets
- Development and presentation of formal proposals, account planning performance monitoring, development of sales targets, budgets and forecasts in cooperation with the Business Development team; and Working with clients to improve and develop service lines.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, communications, marketing, or equivalent practical experience would be considered an asset
- Proven track record in sales or Business Development (minimum 5 – 10+ years’ direct oil and gas industry experience)
- Experience researching and building strategies to engage on specific market opportunities
- Demonstrated understanding of asset retirement process and associated regulations
- Strong negotiating and selling skills
- Research, quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional writing/editing skills, with an ability to summarize key findings and effectively communicate complex concepts succinctly to different audiences
- Experience leading RFP responses and proposal development
- Professional and responsive customer service skills
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to manage and utilize client database
- Ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary project team environment
- Demonstrated understanding of sales process, ability to build strong relationships and close business
- Other oilfield experience (asset)
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.