Summit, An earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Planning & Management (EPM) Division as a Project Manager (Competition #22-11-0596) in Lloydminster, Alberta. Reporting to the EPM Manager, the Project Manager is responsible for planning and managing environmental projects, completing and supervising baseline assessments, permitting, and environmental monitoring/inspection projects. A thorough understanding and working knowledge of Alberta’s provincial regulatory and permitting system is required for success in this position. Approximately 10-25% of field work and travel is required in this role.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The successful candidate will be able to apply their Project Management experience in a multi-disciplinary scope, leading various projects throughout the region. These projects may range in size from small to large scale environmental projects. As a Project Manager, you will be empowered to help mentor, train, and develop teams. You will support project queries and forecasts, acting as the direct project representative both internally and externally.
We are a people-first organization and encourage our Project Managers to lead by example embodying our corporate core focus; “To build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.”
Primary duties include managing projects for the oil and gas, power and utilities, mining, rail, land development, and renewable energy sectors.
· provide training and mentorship to a dynamic team of diverse professionals including biologists, contractors, and administrative support;
· senior level review of environmental assessments and permitting processes;
· technical report review and professional sign-off;
· contribute and lead business development activities, including proposals and building and maintaining client relationships;
· collaborate with Summit service lines to ensure integrated project solutions;
· lead various field programs which may include construction and post-construction monitoring;
· initiate quality and independent reviews of project deliverables; and
· act as primary contact for client regarding all project inquiries and updates.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT, GIS/drafting department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals including engineers, agrologists, biologists, and chemists.
· 6+ years of relevant field based experience, project management experience is considered an asset
· A University degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) in Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Sciences.
· Registered member of the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists, or ability to obtain this credential.
· Knowledge of the Alberta Wetland Policy and the requirements of the Government of Alberta’s Professional Practice Standards for sign-off on wetland assessments.
· Experience with Alberta Public Lands Act permitting.
· Experience managing environmental monitoring/inspection on large scale linear projects.
· Strong interpersonal, collaboration and leadership skills.
· Eligible for registration with AIA is required
The following are considered an asset
· Registered Professional Biologist with British Columbia’s College of Applied Biology, or ability to obtain considered an asset.
· QAES and Authenticating Wetland Professional designations considered assets.
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.