Summit, An Earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS) Division as a Project Manager (Competition #22-03-0516) in Calgary, Alberta. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS).
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The successful candidate will be able to apply their Project Management experience in a multi-disciplinary scope, leading various projects throughout the region. The primary scopes of work will be facility/pipeline decommissioning and pipeline repair/maintenance. Typical projects range in size up to $5,000,000. As a Project Manager, you will be empowered to help mentor, train, and develop team members. You will support project queries and forecasts, acting as the direct project representative both internally and externally. You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals.
We are a people-first organization and encourage our Project Managers to lead by example embodying our corporate core focus; “To build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.”
In consultation with the Vice President, SDS, duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee projects for the oil and gas, power and utilities, land development, and renewable energy sectors
- Monitoring progress and ensuring adherence to budgets and schedules
- Providing detailed progress reporting, including spend profiles, trends, and performance
- Maintaining financial systems on behalf of program owners
- Overseeing change management processes
- Client communication and reporting
- Exercising excellent judgement in dispute resolution at the field level, including involving management when necessary
- Consultation and engagement with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary
- 5+ years of relevant experience in pipeline/facility construction, maintenance, decommissioning, or a combination of,
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to demonstrate similar skill sets,
- Post secondary science-based degree or diploma from a recognized institution with a specialty in engineering or environmental sciences preferred,
- Demonstrable initiative, ownership, independence and excellent multitasking and problem-solving skills, and
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
The following is considered an asset:
- Working knowledge of the Alberta Site Rehabilitation Program (ASRP), and/or the Saskatchewan Accelerated Site Closure Program (ASCP)
- Relevant professional designation, in good standing
- Experience managing earthworks contracting
- Experience with Fieldcap and BST software
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com. This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.