Summit, An Earth Services Company
Senior Project Manager
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Reclamation, Remediation and Risk Management (RRRM) group as a Senior Project Manager (Competition #22-06-0554) in Calgary or Lloydminster, Alberta. This position will report directly to the Director of RRRM.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The successful candidate will be able to apply their Project Management experience in a multi-disciplinary scope, leading various projects throughout the region. These projects may range in size from small to large scale environmental projects. As a Project Manager, you will be empowered to help mentor, train, and develop cross-departmental teams. You will support project queries and forecasts, acting as the direct project representative both internally and externally. You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals.
We are a people-first organization and encourage our Project Managers to lead by example embodying our corporate core focus; “To build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.”
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Director RRRM on all matters.
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- oversee reclamation and remediation projects and large program management
- provide direction and support to Project Coordinators, Environmental Specialists, and Environmental Analysts (employees and contract staff) that have day to day control of the work and field programs;
- adhere to program budgets and schedules
- report project status including but not limited to:
- spend to date versus budget
- forecast work scopes, staffing needs (seasonal and permanent), and progress reports, and
- project performance and summaries.
- provide training and mentorship to colleagues including field staff, multi-departmental technical staff (including Environmental Specialists and Analysts), and Project Managers;
- actively participate in committees and work groups for the development and improvement of templates, work process and implementation of new technology and enhancements;
- encourage an open line of timely communication with Director, RRRM, and
- consult and engage with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary.
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in project management, environmental consulting, and/or a combination of these experience(s);
- Relevant education, which may include a university degree (BSc or MSc) or a College diploma in Engineering, Ecology, Biology, or Environmental Science;
- Registered member in good standing of a recognized applicable Professional Association, including but not limited to AIA, and/or APEGA/APEGS;
- Leadership experience managing up to 10 direct reports of varying experience levels (junior to senior);
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Proficient with Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations and guidelines related to surface reclamation;
- Professional competency (sign-off) in a minimum of two of the following competencies”
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessments,
- Remediation Assessments (including spills and unintended releases), and
- Detailed Site Assessments.
The following are considered an asset
- Understanding of British Columbia restoration guidelines and best practices.
Summit, An Earth Services Company is an industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to be the most respected environmental solutions company, admired for its people, performance and innovation.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.