Summit, An earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to join the Environmental Planning & Management (EPM) Division as an Environmental Planner – Team Lead (Competition #22-11-0596) based in Calgary, or Lloydminster, Alberta. Reporting to the EPM Manager, this role will see you leading a group of technical specialists working with customers to provide project management and strategic advice through all phases of project lifecycle. This is a full-time leadership position with flexible working accommodations at Summit’s office, your home office, and ideally a combination of the two.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As a “safety first” leader, you will be confident and competent in planning and leading biophysical assessments, coordinating projects and teams, and will act as the technical lead for your team. You will lead a team of dynamic biologists and technicians and apply your organizational and project management experience in a multi-disciplinary and dynamic capacity. You will be empowered to help mentor, train, and develop your team, support project queries and forecasts, and act as the direct project representative both internally and externally.
Primary duties include leading/managing projects for the oil and gas, power and utilities, land development, and renewable energy sectors. In doing so, you will:
- Provide training and mentorship to a team of diverse professionals including biologists, contractors, and administrative support in a dynamic workplace
- Support senior level reporting (technical writing) of environmental assessments and permitting processes
- Provide technical report review and professional sign-off
- Facilitate the planning, coordinating, managing and permitting of all environmental projects assigned to your group
- Contribute to, and lead business development initiatives
- Collaborate with other Summit service lines by promoting integrated project solutions
- Facilitate the development and implementation of environmental monitoring, technical environmental programs, and biological data collection at existing and planned facilities
- Ensure that current Summit Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented and followed in all work practices
- Initiate quality control and independent reviews of project deliverables
- Act as the primary point of contact for Summit customers regarding all project inquiries and updates
- 1Manage/supervise a dynamic team including the administration and delivery of employee performance reviews, time and expense review, and overall coordination of human capital within the assigned team
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, in-house IT, GIS/drafting, and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals including engineers, agrologists, biologists, and chemists.
- 5-10 years of relevant environmental experience in progressively more independent and senior roles.
- A University degree (B.Sc. or M.Sc.) or other technical post-secondary education in biology, or environmental sciences
- Excellent communicator with proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and leadership skills
- History and proven experience building and maintaining productive professional relationships
The following are considered an asset
- Project Management experience
- Experience with Alberta Public Lands Act permitting
- Registered Professional Biologists, or ability to obtain this credential
- QAES and Authenticating Wetland Professional designations. Knowledge of the Alberta Wetland Policy and the requirements of the Government of Alberta’s Professional Practice Standards for sign-off on wetland assessments
- Experience leading or managing environmental monitoring/inspection projects on large scale linear projects
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.