Summit, An earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Environmental Planning and Management (EPM) Division as an Environmental Scientist (Competition #21-12-0481) based out of our Lloydminster, Alberta office. While reporting to the Project Manager, you will have an opportunity to undertake a diverse array of environmental projects in the oil and gas industry. This is a full-time position with flexible working accommodations. This position will require both field and office work.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As the successful candidate you will focus on pre-development baseline environmental assessments and environmental monitoring within the oil and gas industry. You will support continued execution projects in a capacity of permitting and approvals, regular reporting, site observations, environmental assessments, and recommendations. You will be trusted to ensure the safety, continued quality, cost efficiency and timeliness of project deliverables.
You will have a safety-first attitude, with an ability to take initiative and ownership in a fast-paced multidisciplinary project team environment. Familiarity with the species (wildlife and vegetation) local to the region is considered a strength.
This role is locally based in Lloydminster, Alberta; however, regular site visits throughout Alberta and Saskatchewan will be required.
You will carry out your duties in consultation with the Manager/Project Manager, EPM on all matters.
The primary responsibilities of the Environmental Scientist include but are not limited to:
- Participating in/overseeing small to large pre-development baseline environmental projects;
- Participating in/leading site identification and monitoring initiatives which may include wildlife, rare plants, wetlands, and/or aquatic/fisheries assessments;
- Reporting project status on a daily, weekly, monthly and/or as needed basis;
- Providing technical expertise in relation to species surveys, detection, and mitigation measures;
- Completing environmental assessments (wetlands, grasslands, aquatics, and soils;
- Observing and adaptively managing communication with various on-site construction teams;
- Technical reporting;
- Consultation and engagement with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support; and,
- Actively participating in Summit’s strong safety culture.
- Post-secondary education from a recognized institution, specializing in environmental science, biology, ecology, or related specialization;
- A minimum of 2 years’ direct environmental industry experience;
- Familiarity with wildlife, vegetation, wetlands, and/or aquatic/fisheries assessments;
- Relevant experience on active construction sites observing various contractors and understanding environmental risks/impacts;
- Ability to travel to remote locations, potentially for extended periods of time; and,
- Registered member (professional or in-training) in good standing of a recognized applicable Professional Association is considered an asset.
Summit, An Earth Services Company is an industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.orgThis position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.