Summit, An earth Services Company
SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking highly motivated and experienced individuals to join the Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS) team as a Labourer (Competition #22-11-0592). This position will be predominately field work supporting projects throughout Southern Alberta.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role will work in hands-on capacity in a fast-paced team environment, supporting various projects completing pipeline/facility decommissioning or maintenance throughout the Brooks and surrounding area. You will be working 10 to 12 hours per day on a shift which may vary from Monday to Friday, through to 24 days on and 6 days off.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, and an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated Professionals.
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to the following;
- assist with hoisting, rigging and picker operations,
- ground excavation with hand tools,
- install and remove bolted/threaded pipe connections,
- support day to day and on-site job tasks,
- aid in job completion,
- embody and promote safety in all tasks,
- assist in loading and mobilizing equipment and tools as projects demand, and
- operate various equipment and tools, as directed by lead(s).
Candidates must be prepared to work in a multidisciplinary, fast paced project team environment and able to undertake a variety of project related tasks, deadlines and ability to work and/or travel in varied terrains, weather conditions and isolated locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and work independently with excellent problem-solving skills, and
- Possess exceptional understanding of safety processes/tools and hazard recognition.
- This is a physically demanding role, the candidate will be required to successfully complete a functional fitness test prior to successful employment
The following is considered an asset;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean drivers abstract,
- Experience in pipeline/facility abandonment services,
- Oil & Gas field services, or Energy and Utilities industry,
- Current H2S, 1st Aid, and Ground disturbance certifications
- Experience operating equipment (skid steer)
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com , for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.