Summit is actively expanding its groundwater team as part of its strategic vision. By joining us as a Senior Hydrogeologist (Competition #23-08-0641), you’ll have the opportunity to be directly involved in shaping our future and contribute as a senior technical professional.
At Summit, you will be fully supported by our dynamic organization, which is comprised of Professional Engineers, Geoscientists, Biologists, Chemists, Agrologists, technical administrators, business development and health and safety professionals, and an in-house IT department.
As a highly motivated Senior Hydrogeologist, focusing primarily on Remediation and contaminated site work scopes, you will play a pivotal role in our growing team of multi-disciplinary professionals. This is a full-time position based out of Summit’s Calgary office with the flexibility to work in a hybrid model. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading projects and collaborating on multi-disciplinary initiatives as the hydrogeology expert.
- Engaging with customers and regulatory representatives to ensure successful project advancement.
- Actively participating in business development activities, enhancing existing and establishing new client relationships.
- Designing and executing hydrogeological investigations, including drilling, installing monitoring and pumping wells, conducting aquifer testing, and groundwater quality sampling.
- Preparing factual and interpretive reports based on field data and site conditions.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior team members through ongoing training and development
- Managing third party modelling teams on numerical groundwater modelling projects, including conceptual hydrogeological model development and reporting.
- Performing site visits to offer support and mentorship to field personnel.
- Ensuring compliance with Summit’s Health and Safety policies and procedures in all work practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree an asset) in hydrogeology, geology, earth sciences, or related disciplines
- Registration as a Professional Geoscientist or Engineer in a Canadian jurisdiction (preference to Alberta)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in oil and gas contamination, linear infrastructure, mining, and/or water supply
- Experience in risk assessment and guideline modification
- Strong background in Geochemistry
- Familiarity with groundwater modelling software(s) is considered advantageous
- Expertise in conducting physical aquifer assessments
- Demonstrated Safety Leadership
- Proficient in technical writing and effective communication with customers, regulatory representatives, and colleagues
- Strong problem-solving skills and exceptional leadership capabilities
- Experience in supervising contractors
Summit, An Earth Services Company, is a leading environmental services provider with a strong presence in Canada, and Australia. We specialize in offering comprehensive environmental management solutions to clients across diverse industries. Our mission is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If you are passionate about our vision and possess the required experience, we encourage you to submit your application and letter of interest in confidence to email@example.com. Please visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for additional job postings.
Please note that due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an urgent need that will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.