SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Drilling Waste Management Division as a Manager (Competition #21-07-0447), based out of our Calgary, AB office.
- Oversee and support Environmental Field Technicians and Environmental Administrators on drilling waste disposal and rig-based environmental projects, primarily in the upstream oil and gas sector.
- Plan, coordinate and manage projects.
- Manage data interpretation, analysis, reporting, budget preparation and control, and
- Supervise office and field staff as necessary.
- Source and manage technicians to ensure successful execution of all projects.
- Provide leadership and support to a larger project team.
- Maintain client relationships and liaise with regulatory agencies and other third-party stakeholders.
- Develop and submit proposals, follow-up, and onboard new clients.
- Represent Summit as the subject matter expert in waste management and environmental planning for projects and at onsite field activities.
- Participate in company and client health and safety programs.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals.
- University Degree or College Diploma from a recognized institution – preferably with a science-based specialization
- Professional designation would be considered an asset (e.g. P. Biol, P. Ag)
- Minimum 10 years of consulting or industry experience in waste management and environmental planning
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of Alberta and Saskatchewan regulations / directives /guidelines related to waste management (e.g. Directive 50, GL99-01 as well as supporting documentation)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary project team environment
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com, for job postings.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.