SUMMIT, An Earth Services Company is seeking an experienced and innovative leader to join the Summit Decommissioning Services (SDS) team as Vice President (Competition #21-07-0444). Reporting to the President of Summit the position will be based out of our Calgary, AB office.
Your primary duties will include but are not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a leadership framework and environment that generates a culture of teamwork, collaboration, respect and safety;
- Develop and maintain data and financial models to support investment decisions and cost savings initiatives;
- Oversee the SDS capital and operational budgets;
- In consultation with the Summit Executive Team, develop the long- and short-term goals, objectives and strategies of the department;
- Lead, guide, direct, support, and evaluate the SDS Project Managers:
- Gather and analyze project metrics; develop recommendations to maximize project performance
- Report project progress and status to the client;
- Liaise with the client;
- Oversee SDS change management processes;
- Represent Summit during discussions with clients;
- Review bid proposals and pricing;
- Consult and engage with members of an expert, multi-disciplinary technical team for project support when necessary, and
- Monitor SDS’ competitors, customers, markets, and new industry developments and standards.
You will be supported by the entire Summit organization which consists of a dynamic team of technical administrators, business development professionals, an in-house IT department and many other highly experienced, skilled and educated professionals.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Business or Public Administration or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- A minimum 10 years of relevant experience in construction, well servicing, and decommissioning is an asset;
- Project Management Professional Certification is an asset;
- Experience managing a minimum of 8 direct reports and teams of 40 people or more;
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Strong computer skills and experience with project management software;
- Confident, capable and productive in a multidisciplinary, fast-paced project team environment.
Summit, An Earth Services Company has become the industry leader in the environmental services sector with operations in Canada, the United States and Australia. Our company focuses on offering turnkey environmental management solutions to clients across various industries.
Summit’s vision is to build a great company with exceptional people to preserve and restore our natural environment.
If your passion and experience align with this vision, then Summit is for you! Visit our website, www.summitearth.com , for job postings.
We appreciate your interest in working with Summit. Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your applications and letters of interest in confidence directly to email@example.com
This position will remain open until suitable candidates are found.