Who is Strike? Strike is an industry leader providing infrastructure construction and maintenance services to the energy, mining, and resource industries. With over 1200 employees across 24 business units in Western Canada, we are recognized as a Top 40 Contractor in Canada and a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our fabrication, mechanical, electrical, and field services teams provide synergies and value to our customers with proven results. We are dedicated to sustainability, local and Indigenous relations, and community initiatives where we work and live. We operate as a Prime Contractor and Subcontractor and offer stand-alone or integrated service solutions. Our purpose is to make a difference with a vision to be sustainable, professionally led, and profitable organization. Our mission is exceptional execution based on our core values:
- Ensure every employee comes home safe
- Provide quality work at competitive prices
- Treat others as we would wish to be treated
- Strive to continually improve
- Reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm, and results
- Demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity, and initiative
- Support the communities in which we live and work
- Minimize our impact on the environment
Strike is growing in Saskatchewan! We are looking for a superintendent experienced in mining, energy, and/or renewable construction projects to join our Saskatoon team. What will you do?
- Help us build a competitive and sustainable team by attracting, developing, and retaining talent to ensure we have the right people in the right place at the right time
- Manage our workforce, subcontractors, and all other resources to complete our projects
- Actively participate in construction planning, bidding, and scheduling
- Lead a team of site supervisors and tradespeople to drive constructability
Demonstrate leadership for safety awareness, safe work practices, hazard identification and control principles Provide clear objectives and performance expectations to achieve safety and production targets Develop and promote a positive work environment with crews across shifts
- Ensure the workforce has the required capabilities and certifications
- Ensure field installation work packages are developed and clear
- Ensure equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with our standards and practices
- Direct and coordinate multiple projects and teams
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve conflicts and issues, and communicate changes to stakeholders and customers
What will you bring?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a supervisor in mining, energy, or related sectors
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in construction
- Experience leading a team of 20 or more people
- Solid understanding of construction methods and blueprint reading
- Sound knowledge of construction execution and best practices
- Superior leadership skills
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Capable of facilitating meetings
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
- Have an eye for detail
- Ability to travel and work on project sites
What are the rewards?
- Hourly/salary compensation or independent contractor options available
- centives depend on compensation type and company/individual performance
- Employee benefits includes medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage
- Employer contributions towards a Group Retirement Savings Program for employees
- Paid vacation, flex days and company holidays for salaried employees
- Company vehicle or allowance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program for employees
- Training and development programs
- Compensation offered to the successful candidate may vary based on factors including experience, capabilities, education, and other job-related reasons.
How do I apply? In accordance with Strike policies, you may be required to undergo a substance test and reference checks. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.strikegroup.ca.