At ARC, our strong track record of success has been built on our core belief that outstanding people, combined with a great corporate culture creates a winning environment. To further enhance our focus on health and safety, we are seeking a progressive leader in the role of Supervisor, Health & Safety. This position will report directly to the Manager of HSER and will be accountable for the execution of our safety strategy for the company.
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring that ARC remains a leader in health & safety practices by ensuring appropriate procedures and mentorship is in place and executed upon in both the Calgary office and our field locations. In addition, the Supervisor will be responsible for leading an effective team including the selection, training and leadership of the Health & Safety team and field coordinators. The incumbent will be passionate about health & safety with exceptional organizational skills and with solid experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Maintain ARC’s culture, ensuring everyone is responsible for safety.
- Leading by example and ensuring compliance with federal and provincial safety regulations
- Reinforcing a safety culture through safety education training, risk assessment and compliance programs
- Directing and assisting in creating employee and contractor safety training programs
- Evolving ARC’s Integrated Management System
- Monitoring and analyzing safety trends and implementing programs designed to ensure a safe workplace for all employees
- Monitoring new legislation as it related to safety and health standards and practices
- Develop, mentor and guide a solid and capable team.
- Develop succession plan for future of team.
- Play a key role in championing ARC’s unique culture through effective and supportive coaching and mentoring with direct reports and other departments.
- Liaise with Operations and Production teams, ensuring strong relationships.
- Clearly understand the long-term growth plans for the company and ensure appropriate safety related guidelines, processes, training, staff and expertise are in place
The individual we seek will have a minimum 10 years of safety management and leadership experience in Oil & Gas companies who specialize in the areas of completions, production, facilities and field operations for both light oil and natural gas. In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Proven track record of exceptional leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to execute
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) with post-secondary education.
- Outstanding relationship building capability and a collaborative working style – strong team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand business strategies/issues and capture opportunities
- Results focused – ability to identify needs and develop initiatives to drive performance improvements
- Strong organizational skills and project management capabilities
- Able to deal effectively with ambiguity and demonstrate sound judgment in decision making
- Strength of character, integrity and courage
- High level of energy and ability to excel in a flexible, fast paced environment
- Track record of progressive operations engineering related experience including prior management responsibilities – combined with a university education
- Strong work ethic and a high level of enthusiasm.
To apply for this job please visit arcresources.hgcareers.com.