Supplier Performance Management Manager
Reference Code: 74121
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/20/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Supply Chain team is evolving to meet the needs of our business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta and we are seeking a Manager, Supplier Performance Management.
Reporting to the Director, Supplier and Contract Excellence, the Manager Supplier Performance Management leads a team of Supplier Qualifications Specialists, Supplier Performance Management Specialists and Supplier Diversity Specialists that provide procurement planning and execution support for business units. It is primarily responsible for coordinating and providing governance over supplier qualification, driving the Supplier Performance Management program, and working closely with the Business Units and Category Management to improve supplier outcomes. This includes setting direction for program requirements, facilitating collaboration amongst relevant parties, driving business unit satisfaction, enabling relationships with suppliers, and providing secondary support for assessing supplier performance.
What you’ll do
- Maintains ongoing relationship management with key business unit stakeholders to drive customer satisfaction and act as an advisory point-of-contact for all Supplier Management functions
- Manage and improve upon the supplier qualification program that screens suppliers delivering higher risk services and commodities against safety, quality, technical and business conduct requirements prior to engagement
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal supplier performance management program that supports Supply Chain and category strategies, that includes establishing key executive relationships between TC Energy and its high priority suppliers
- Develop and manage category specific performance metrics and scorecards aligned with both business unit and supplier business goals
- Collaborate with business units to consolidate supplier performance feedback, including common issues and process solutions
- Provide templates, training and support to business stakeholders in facilitating supplier management discussions
- Communicate performance status including: monthly/quarterly business reports, KPI documents, and various departmental reports
- Collect, develop and distribute various performance communications to stakeholders on behalf of the Supply Chain group
- Actively contribute to team Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and deliver productivity in line with service level agreements (SLAs)
- Ensure team compliance to training requirements, work standards, policies and procedures.
- A post-secondary education or equivalent is required
- Minimum Ten (10) plus years of experience related to Supply Chain management
- Experience and proven success leading high dollar value projects and relationships
- Able to analyze complex data and translate it to measurable metrics
- A strong business acumen of the applicable materials and services.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with highly mature supplier lifecycle management programs
- Knowledge of project management and operational policies, procedures, and practices
- General knowledge and experience with safety and quality management systems
- High level of complex problem solving and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of specifications and standards.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels.
*Travel is a requirement to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home. Applicants must be able to provide applicable travel documentation to travel across borders.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/20/2020 using reference code 74121. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.