Supply Chain Category Analyst, Pipeline Integrity
Reference Code: 84122
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/07/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
The SC Category Analyst role for Pipeline Integrity is responsible for supporting the category lead in the development and execution of innovative yet practical category management strategies in collaboration with business partners that deliver sustainable enterprise value including achievement of cost reduction, service improvements, increased innovation or risk mitigation targets for Pipeline Maintenance and In-line Inspection.
This role will be responsible for the long term maturing of the category that comes from an in-depth understanding of the business needs and requirements for the category, implementation of demand planning and forecasting, providing spend category commercial expertise, in depth understanding of the marketplace including industry structure and non-traditional vendors, identification of value and cost drivers, the development of a category strategy (which includes best practice sourcing initiatives, demand management initiatives and total cost management).
What you’ll do
- Support plans for the category that covers all aspects for maturing the category, ranging from value for the business – through demand management, strategic sourcing and total cost management- through to the needs to help manage the category (information needed to monitor, skills and certifications required in the business to obtain value) and knowledge of the supply base
- Ensure relevant SC policies, processes and procedures are adhered to in category strategy execution.
- Establish category project plans and cross functional project teams with clear roles and responsibilities and robust stakeholder management strategies
- Coordinate work for the team, and act as project manager in executing category management approach.
- Actively engage with relevant key internal stakeholders to support the definition of business requirements, demand forecasting requirements and operating model enhancements.
- Acutely understand end user needs and requirements for the category
- Communicate to end users regarding new agreements, appropriate usage and performance measurement.
- Consult and work with SC Lead Contract-Sourcing Specialists to establish best in class contracts and contract management practices for strategic agreements.
- Develop market analysis regarding supply marketplace intelligence on key suppliers including capabilities, financial strength, price trends, etc.
- Working independently to drive and support solutions for successful implementation and adoption of category strategies
- Maintain category strategies and oversee the execution of the plan to implement them through accountability and project management
- Manage key supplier relationships in consultation with the SRM team, establish supplier performance strategies and support supplier performance monitoring
- Manage supplier scorecards and facilitate regular supplier feedback discussions, highlighting potential quality trends
- Obtain early business and service unit engagement to ensure demand plan is analyzed for opportunity and internal commitment and executive support is gained for identified opportunities
- provide reporting on delivery of savings and value objectives/measures against agreed category management plans
- Resolution of complex functional / technical issues in collaboration with various Category Management teams
- Review new contracts with suppliers and assure internal and external contract compliance – for Contracting & Sourcing team to execute
- Track supplier performance and internal compliance relative to targets, highlighting trends
- Understand and utilize various Costing Models and category value / performance analysis
- Minimum ten (10) years of Supply Chain Management experience specifically in Category management OR
- Relevant University Degree or equivalent, enrollment in a relevant program and ten (10) years of Supply Chain Management experience, specifically strategic sourcing and category management experience
- Superior written and oral communication skills, project management skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, people management skills and financial acumen are a requirement
- Understanding of Procurement, Strategic Sourcing and Category Management objectives, best practices, and processes
- Supply Chain, Category Management, and business expertise in areas of sourcing and contracting, and the procure to pay process
- Outstanding negotiation skills, able to drive consensus between stake holders with differing opinions
- A designation in a Supply Chain Management program
- Masters Degree would be considered a strong asset
- A minimum of three (3) years prior experience within a consulting environment a strong asset
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in Major Projects
- Experience within the oil and gas, pipeline, or power industries
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/07/2021 using reference code 84122. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.