We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Supply Chain team is evolving to meet the needs of our business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, Alberta.
We are seeking a Contract Analyst/Secondary Sourcing, Gas Turbines for our Supply Chain team. This position will report to the Category Manager, Materials and Equipment. The Contract Analyst/Secondary Sourcing works with the Category Lead, Gas Turbines, business leaders, and key stakeholders to execute all required processes and documents to provide end-to-end service and support from the initial project estimate, through the RFP process including Bid Evaluate and Award, through order production, delivery and close out of gas turbine orders. Previous experience in sourcing of complex mechanical equipment and/or equipment maintenance services is preferred.
What you’ll do
- Support all secondary sourcing requirements for new gas turbine packages and gas turbine repair and overhaul
- Lead the development and formation of supply agreements that drive business value and mitigate risk to TC Energy
- Develop procurement strategies for all gas turbine and gas turbine repair & overhaul requirements
- Procure in alignment with established procedures, agreed to category strategies, project strategy and current Supply Chain procedures
- Assist in resolution of any issues, disputes, or claims relating to order progress, quality, delivery, or payment
- Manage supplier financial exposure models for assigned suppliers
- Lead contract management and administration for assigned contracts
- Identify productivity improvement opportunities, supplier performance, cost savings and improved processes and/or enhanced services
- Resolve or escalate complex functional / technical systemic/process issues in a timely and proactive manner
- Initiate a SQR (Supplier Qualification Request) to Supplier Lifecycle Management when Business Unit requires a new Supplier for technical or capacity reasons
- Provide input to performance based specifications and work with suppliers in managing contract requirements where appropriate
- Work with the Master Data team to create new vendor, material or service masters for SAP when required
- Contract formation required for standalone/project-specific agreements when master agreements are not applicable.
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent post-secondary degree required
- Minimum of six (6) or more years of related experience
- A designation or enrollment in a Supply Chain Management program
- Supplier management experience
- Buying/sourcing experience
- Pipeline industry knowledge.
- Experience with SAP, Ariba Contract Management, eSourcing, and Aravo
- Demand and supply planning experience – with rotating equipment
- Demonstrates written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to make concepts compelling and get buy-in from stakeholders
- Ability to Identify and facilitate adoption of innovation and industry best practices into supplier contracts and the business practices
About our business.
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products.
Apply to this posting by 09/23/2019 using reference code 59716. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.