Supply Chain Management – Graduate Opportunities
Reference Code: 72230
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/18/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
TC Energy’s Supply Chain department has openings in its New Graduate Rotation Program, with anticipated start dates in May 2021. For the duration of the Graduate Program, graduates will spend 12 months in each of the following areas, before being assigned to a more permanent role.
- Supply Chain Projects/Ops Teams
- provide front-line sourcing and supplier management support to TC Energy’s projects or operations
- Operational Excellence Team
- manages procurement activities to ensure efficient, on-time delivery of services and materials, including purchasing, logistics and materials management
- Strategy and Governance Team
- develops and manages critical spend categories through strategic sourcing and supplier performance initiatives
- governs Supply Chain activities and provides process enhancement, technologies and performance analytics
Through each rotation, you’ll gain diverse experiences, will build your network and will obtain a broad understanding of TC Energy’s Supply Chain Management department while creating value for Supply Chain and business partners. The intention of the program is to provide experience across the entire Supply Chain lifecycle and enable continued success in a permanent role after the successful completion of the program.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with team members, leaders, and other Supply Chain functions to support business objectives and goals
- Drive value for the business by leveraging TC Energy’s market position to procure goods and services that are delivered on time, at the right price, and to specification
- Perform data compilation and analysis to enhance TC Energy’s market intelligence (e.g. spend analytics, demand planning, forecasting, performance reporting)
- Prepare contracting strategies, sourcing packages, decision documents, and commercial agreements to support the fulfillment of the company’s purchasing needs
- Create and deliver materials/presentations for Supply Chain, ranging from front line staff to senior leaders
- Support the qualification of vendors to ensure TC Energy has a diverse and capable supplier base
- Ensure services are procured in accordance with TC Energy’s supplier standards, processes, and procedures
- Administer contracts, including the execution of amending agreements and change orders
- Ensure contracts are executed in compliance with TC Energy’s governance policies by coaching and partnering with business clients and internal Supply Chain stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and present recommendations for leadership review
- Must be on track to complete a Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration by Spring 2021 (preference for major/minor in Supply Chain Management or Operations Management)
- Up to a maximum of two years of professional discipline-related work experience, not including co-op or internship work terms
- Exhibit a safety mindset, in a professional and personal setting
- Strong business acumen and ability to apply skills in a commercial environment
- Legally entitled to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid work permit
- Knowledge of and/or experience with contracts, Supply Chain best practices and processes
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the oil and gas sector, and especially pipeline industry, is considered an asset
- Aptitude for development of leadership, management and decision-making skills are an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment with changing priorities under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- Strong presentation, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Team player with the ability to collaborate and interact with other groups
- Resilient and self-motivated
- Passion for excellence, backed by a track record of accountability and integrity
- Flexible, self-reflective and adaptable to change
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/18/2020 using reference code 72230. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to province employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.