Supply Chain Manager, Category Management – Corporate Services
Reference Code: 76285
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/24/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Supply Chain team is evolving to meet the needs of our business and we are seeking a Manager, Category Management – Corporate Services.
The Manager, Category Management – Corporate Services will be responsible for the implementation of category management principles and strategies across the Corporate Service Category which covers 12 key spend categories including Information Services, HR, Consulting and Fleet. This will include setting strategic direction by leading the development of goals and objectives congruent with our overall Supply Chain vision.
Reporting to the Director Category Management and Supply Chain Excellence, the Manager is responsible for leading a team of Contract Specialists and Category Leads across TC Energy. The team supports approximately 630 agreements across Canada, the US and Mexico with an annual portfolio value of approximately $500M/year.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage a team of 10-12 Category/Contract Professionals and contribute to the development and implementation of the department vision, strategies and policies
- Stakeholder management in the development and execution of all contracting strategies such that business unit requirements and objectives are achieved
- Lead ongoing category management initiatives focusing on identified strategies with internal and external clients, adjusting as necessary
- Identify, prioritize and communicate category opportunities to executive leadership
- Provide ongoing management of category strategies and deliverables, and implement continuous improvement processes for established categories
- Utilize internal and external relationships and networks to implement innovative approaches to category management through continuous improvement processes as business needs, external business environments, and commercial priorities evolve over time
- Influence strategic direction through partnerships with their client groups in setting joint objectives, metrics, and performance standards that align to the overall Supply Chain strategy and corporate functional client’s goals
- A post-secondary degree from an accredited University
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in Supply Chain and / or Commercial experience which is relevant to the specific category grouping
- Category management, Supply Chain, and Project Management expertise
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in progressive formal leadership roles
- Business, Engineering, Project Management, or Supply Chain related accreditation
- Certifications or designations (MBA, P.Eng, PMP, CSCP, etc.)
- Experience in the oil and gas industry
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, and good working knowledge of SAP, BPC and PowerPlan
*Travel is a requirement to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home. Applicants must be able to provide applicable travel documentation to travel across borders.
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products.
Apply to this posting by 11/24/2020 using reference code 76285. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.