Supply Chain Supplier Qualifications Team Lead
Reference Code: 76662
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Supply Chain/Procurement
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 11/30/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Supply Chain team is evolving to meet the needs of our business and we are expanding our presence in Calgary, AB.
Reporting directly to the Supplier Lifecyle Manager the Qualifications Team Lead will be in an individual contributor role also requiring indirect supervisory skills.
The Supplier Qualifications Team Lead is responsible for ensuring all services are procured in accordance with TC Energy’s supplier standards, processes and procedures. The Supplier Qualifications Team Lead will provide support to the Supplier Qualifications function of the Supplier Lifecycle Management team. This role will monitor the productivity and volumes of the qualifications team. The team lead will ensure continuous improvement of the qualifications’ programs ensuring maximum value realization.
What you’ll do
- Provide support with demand planning within category management
- Oversee the quality of completed qualifications for new and existing suppliers, utilizing existing department procedures
- Develop and deliver training sessions for business unit stakeholders to better understand Supply Chain’s role within the company, specifically the qualification functions
- Manage business unit expectations and work volumes to ensure service consistency
- Identify areas of new requirements or improvement initiatives
- Advise business unit stakeholders and work with category management on supply options to maximize resources
- Lead special projects as requested by management or business units
- Process qualification exceptions as appropriate and mitigate risk for the organization
- Oversee day to day volumes and qualification process effectiveness and output and drive improvements
- Manage supplier disqualification or suspension and assure quality of supplier base
- Oversee supplier NCRs and work with Supply Chain team to improve supplier performance
- A post-secondary education or equivalent is required
- Six plus (6) years’ experience related to Supply Chain Management, specifically within Supplier Lifecycle Management
- Enrollment or completion of certifications or designations related to Supply Chain Management, project management or business administration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level customer service and relationship building capabilities
- Change management skills and capacity for innovation
- Data management and organizational skills
- Business acumen in major technical disciplines (Engineering, Materials, Quality, Safety, Environmental, Construction).
- Experience in the oil and gas industry. Midstream experience is a particular asset.
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 4,900-kilometre (3,000-mile) liquids pipeline system connects growing continental oil supplies to key markets and refineries. The Keystone Pipeline System delivers approximately 20 per cent of western Canadian exports to key refinery markets in the U.S. Midwest and Gulf Coast, where it is converted into fuel and other useful petroleum products.
Apply to this posting by 11/30/2020 using reference code 76662. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.