The Supply Management Professional will be responsible for contract formation supporting the operational activities of Canadian Natural’s Oil Sands production.
Our Supply Management team oversees and drives the activities and resources required to execute the procurement and contract management process including scope development, supply market research and positioning, requests for proposals/quotations, evaluation, negotiation and award of contracts and agreements.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – RELOCATION
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Collaboration with the business areas to understand their requirements and develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned critical products and services. Focus efforts on the consolidation of requirements and contracts across the organization to optimize spend.
• Manage the end-to-end contracting life-cycle from Request for Proposal (RFP) through to award and then post award contract management and close-out.
• Manage RFP process in a manner that supports both the business area and corporate objectives, in a professional, ethical manner.
• Negotiate and award agreements and contracts to contractors and /or suppliers to ensure services and materials are provided to Canadian Natural in the most cost effective and proficient manner possible.
• Form contracts and administer effective management of vendor, contractor and supplier relations.
• Establish and maintain auditable files for all contracts to ensure proper documentation is in place and can be referred to.
• Manage supplier relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (Example: Safety, Operations, Cost). This would involve constructively challenging the suppliers in terms of the contract delivery and performance as well
• Conduct market research and analysis; build and maintain strong network in the market; be fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market
• Identify and resolve issues, bottlenecks, problems and challenges to negotiate and award quality agreements in a timely manner
• Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the business demand and/or procurement practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization
• Liaise with legal, risk, finance, accounting, internal client business area and other stakeholders to ensure that agreement and contract terms address all related requirements and policies
• Attend field meetings with stakeholders and participate in contracts reviews and needs identification
• Prepare and submit reports and other metrics as and when required, such as spend evaluation; cost comparisons, etc
• Typically 7+ years of related industry experience, within an industrial setting, combined with a University degree or related post-secondary education
• Certification as a Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P) is considered beneficial
• A background focusing primarily on mechanical and operational agreements
• Previous experience in managing agreements from multiple labour affiliations
• Previous experience utilizing internal and external data to create benchmarks and set targets with respect to the negotiation of new agreements. Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Category Management
o Contract formation and contract administration
o Internal customer service:
• Understanding requirements, explaining processes, developing buy-in
• Developing clear and complete scopes of work
• Developing effective negotiation strategies, that achieve customer targets
• Overseeing large and complex RFx processes as well as Sole/Single source negotiations
• Carrying out analytical evaluation of proposals and commercial Negotiations
• Commercial, risk, liability and legal terms and conditions
To see related Supply Management and Contracts roles at CNRL, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Supply-Management-and-Contracts
About Canadian Natural
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” As a leading oil and gas producer, our diverse combination of assets include light oil, heavy oil, in situ oil sands production, oil sands mining and upgrading facilities, and natural gas. At Canadian Natural, safety is a core value. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – CNRL – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://trr.tbe.taleo.net/trr01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CNRL&cws=1&rid=12195&source=BOE%20Report →