Surge Energy Inc. is a publicly traded oil-focused E&P company with a strong foundation built on high-quality crude oil reserves with an average daily production of over 25,000 boe per day. Our core operating areas in Alberta and Saskatchewan are among the top conventional oil plays in Canada. At Surge, we believe that our people are one of our greatest assets. We are a mid-sized company based out of our Calgary Head Office and look for individuals to join our team who share our passion for integrity, innovation, and the production of safe, reliable Canadian energy.
Surge is currently looking for a Contract Lead Operator in Northern Alberta (Greater Sawn, Red Earth, Otter) on an 8 on and 6 off or 14 on and 14 off shift rotation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Operator training and support at the field level
- Review production at a well and facility level
- Facility and well optimization
- Troubleshoot well, pipeline, facility, EI, etc. issues
- Coordinate or help with plant shutdowns or maintenance
- Coordinate or aid in small scale construction and projects
- Create, review MOC’s as needed
- Tracking alarms for the purpose of streamlining process, resolving issues or removing hazards
- Work on and track field compliance, take part in EHS incident reporting, tracking and resolving any issues or hazards
- Aid in maintaining compliance, becoming compliant or resolving issues with the regulator
- Create work schedules and coordinate them with Working Alone
- 10 years field operating experience
- Experience with sour oil production and sour gas compression is required
- At least the minimum industry standard safety certificates
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- Must have a reliable truck, a clear drivers abstract, and a Class 5 license
- The successful candidate will be capable of working independently or in a team environment.
This position is contract based and those who wish to provide services must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.