TAQA North Ltd
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Mineral Land Analyst – RQ 22 – 82
TAQA North currently has an opportunity for a Mineral Land Analyst reporting to the Supervisor, Lease Administration. The successful candidate is responsible for supporting the Land department in the overall mineral lease administration function.
As part of this challenging role, you will specifically be responsible to:
- Provide administrative and analytical support for the acquisition, maintenance and disposition of leases within TAQA North’s land portfolio, leveraging land expertise and skills to enhance the value of TAQA North’s land assets
- Maintain all aspects of FH, Provincial Crown, IOGC, Federal lease agreements and payments within a defined area
- Caveat/Interest, expiry, continuation, offset and notice maintenance, tracking and resolution
- Analyze 3rd party and internal queries and proactively resolve in a timely manner
- Expert ability to manage freehold leases: Consents, Estate & POA documents, Lessor assignments, Director to pay, Assignment of Lessor Interest and Lessor title
- Ongoing data verifications projects, special projects and A&D support
- Participate in meetings with development teams by providing lease analysis and recommendations, following TAQA’s internal land asset management structure throughout the lifecycle of the asset.
- Assume delegation of Lease Supervisor responsibilities when required
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Minimum 10+ years in an oil and gas industry and a CAPLA CPMA Certification (Certified Petroleum Mineral Analyst) or equivalent is preferred
- First-rate team skills and experience in working to meet the needs of multiple clients
- Strong working knowledge of P2/CS Land system
- Superior knowledge of the Western Canadian Mineral Land Tenure
- Superior knowledge of Freehold lease types, clause interpretation, Acts, and business processes
- Expertise in fee land/leased fee leasing and management
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills to create and/or improve business processes
- Conduct yourself in a manner that reflects TAQA’s core values: Safe, Sustainable, Collaborative, Safety & Excellence
Closing Date: Dec 1, 2022 To apply please visit: www.taqa.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit jobs.taqa.com.