TAQA North Ltd
Powering a Thriving Future
Are you interested in being part of a company that believes in the pursuit of excellence, conducting work in a safe and sustainable manner and being courageous and creative in everything we do? When you join TAQA North, you will be joining a company that believes in collaboration, supporting professional development and being active members in the communities where we operate. We strive to create a work environment that is productive and profitable as well as challenging and enjoyable. With field operations in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, we deliver production of approximately 75,000 barrels of oil equivalent/day which is comprised of 300,000 mcf/day of natural gas.
Come join our team for a thriving future!
Job Title: Operations Engineer – RQ 22–06
The Operations Engineer will be part of the TAQA North Engineering Department and report directly to the Manager of Engineering. This challenging position is based out of the Crossfield Sour Gas Plant field office, located just north of Airdrie, working alongside foremen, steam ticketed operators, ticketed trades people, asset integrity specialists, and other engineering personnel. This position is a unique opportunity for a young engineer to gain solid field experience while still being approximately 35 minutes from downtown Calgary. The successful individual will be entitled to use of a company truck.
As a part of this challenging role, you will be specifically responsible for:
- Supporting operations teams by executing multi-discipline management of change projects.
- Completing calculations ranging from control valve sizing, PSV sizing, piping hydraulics, etc.
- Working with operations/maintenance to develop shutdown keys and control narratives.
- Supporting asset teams with base management and maintenance capital projects.
- Opportunity to execute larger capital projects as experience and capabilities permit
The Successful Candidate will possess:
- Mechanical or chemical engineering degree with 2-7 years’ experience in oil and gas.
EPC experience is considered an asset.
- Professional Engineer or E.I.T. registered in Alberta. Must be willing to authenticate deliverables within their competency. If not yet a P. Eng, must be willing to work towards as soon as reasonably possible.
- Experience with Fisher Specification Manager and VMG Symmetry preferred.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD considered an asset.
Closing Date: October 11, 2022
To apply for this job please visit jobs.taqa.com.