Team Lead, Corporate Accounting
Reference Code: 104567
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Accounting/Finance
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/27/2022
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, innovation, responsibility, collaboration and integrity, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
To remain competitive, support our high-performance culture and allow for more flexibility in the way we work, we offer a hybrid work model and flexible dress code for our eligible office-based workforce in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. The intention for this role is full-time. However, we will consider a part-time working arrangement.
We are seeking a Team Lead, Corporate Accounting who has knowledge and experience in reporting and accounting for foreign exchange and interest rate financial instruments. This individual has the proven skills, competencies to research U.S. GAAP and apply the appropriate accounting treatment and respond to auditor questions, review financial results and disclosures and support the Financial Trading team.
This position reports to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, providing working level supervision to the Senior Accountant, Share Capital and Senior Accountant, Financial Instruments.
What you’ll do
- Review of quarterly Financial Instrument disclosures ensuring accuracy focusing on foreign exchange and interest rate derivatives
- Collaborate with our Financial Trading team to advise on the accounting impacts of risk management strategies used to manage significant foreign exchange and interest rate exposures, including hedge accounting requirements and understanding of monthly accounting results
- Research U.S. GAAP and work with the Senior Accountant, Financial Instruments to prepare appropriate hedge accounting documentation
- Review of quarterly share capital and earnings per share disclosure
- Review of Legal entity financial statements for international companies
- Respond to the requirements of external auditors with respect to accounting and reporting queries
- Collaborate with Information System resources to ensure systems are meeting Accounting’s requirements
- University degree with 10 years or more progressive related experience
- CPA designation
- Previous experience with Financial Instruments accounting and disclosure
- Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities and minimal supervision
- Able to demonstrate initiative in resolving issues
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and interest in researching technical accounting issues related to derivatives
- Understanding of financial markets and derivatives
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven team player, successful in developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Interest in technology trends and drive for continuous improvement
- Proficiency with systems such as SAP, BPC, Excel, Workiva and Power BI
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/27/2022 using reference code 104567. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.