Team Lead, Land Projects
Reference Code: 74567
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Community/Land/Aboriginal Relations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/22/2020
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Reporting to the Manager – Land Projects, the Team Lead for Land Projects is responsible for day-to-day coordination and support to the Canada Land Representative Team. The Team Lead plays a key role in the implementation, continuous improvement and ongoing coordination of landowner engagement and access to land to ensure regulatory approvals, land rights acquisition, construction readiness, and to support the effective and efficient delivery of the Land Program for projects in Canada.
The Team Lead for Land Projects will have proven people-leadership capabilities with the demonstrated capability of guiding teams toward making sound decisions. The Team Lead will lead, mentor and support the development this high performing team.
What you'll do
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the Land Representative team to ensure the effective delivery of landowner engagement, access to land and other sustainable and responsible business results, including timely and effective project support
- Support resource management, including workload balancing and resource forecasting
- Work with Land Representatives toward the resolution of land rights and landowner related issues, including resolution of issues in line with approved signing limits (ASL), or by supporting the development of issue briefs for management review on larger issues
- Report on trends and issues to support training development, or policy and process changes
- Engage with Land Brokers to ensure quality training and communication is provided in support of high quality service delivery
- Support development of engagement plans and tactics for engagement with landowners to support legal and regulatory requirements and ongoing relationship building
- Establish relationships that facilitate the ongoing exchange of information and collaboration to support regulatory processes throughout the asset lifecycle
- Provide input into the development of TC Energy’s corporate approach to engagement as it aligns with the evolving needs and interests of landowners, changing regulatory processes and law
- Understand the Business Units’ (BU) goals on projects while maintaining consistency across Canada to support positive relationships through to operations
- Work with internal stakeholders (Indigenous Relations, Environment, Business Units, Supply Chain etc.) to ensure strategies align with overall project/BU strategy
- Provide timely and exceptional service to BU/Project team to provide updates, obtain access for survey and acquire land rights for construction, and collaboratively manage any Land related issues/risks
- Support efforts to ensure consistency in the regulatory process in relation to Land by reviewing and approving regulatory documents
- Prepare for Land witness responsibilities for regulatory and legal hearings in some cases, and be prepared to represent TC Energy as Land’s key witness if required
- Work with Land Representatives to ensure the evidentiary record of engagement and commitments with landowners is maintained and accurate to support regulatory filings and ongoing relationship building
- Meet with provincial/federal agencies and participate in industry association meetings to represent TC Energy/Project interests in relation to policy development
- Coordinate important strategic initiatives through application of TC Energy’s corporate policies, strategies, and best practices and incorporation of landowner’s values and interests as aligned with BU goals
- Maintain an understanding of legislative, regulatory and legal case developments as they relate to Engagement and land rights acquisition
- Report and update Land leadership and internal stakeholders on emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements that could have a material impact on our lines of business
- Contribute to the ongoing building of a high performing team of technical experts and professionals to provide timely, coordinated and comprehensive support to business client groups
- Be willing to take on other responsibilities as required to support the effective delivery of Land support to projects
- Relevant post-secondary education, typically a University Degree
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time
- Significant ability with impact and influence to drive consistency and alignment with all stakeholders
- A strong ability for systems thinking and change management to enable buy-in and acceptance of compliance
- Able to develop unique and creative solutions and interpretations to current processes
- Active listener, able to seek and find the best ideas and solutions for complex multi-disciplinary problems
About our business
TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/22/2020 using reference code 74567. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.