Team Lead, Legal Requirement Monitoring Process
Reference Code: 84461
Location: Canada (CA) – Calgary, AB
Job Category: Compliance/Audit/Regulatory
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 05/15/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Corporate Compliance team is seeking a Team Lead, Legal Requirement Monitoring Process to support the Business Unit and Corporate Functions at TC in managing compliance to Legal Requirements in Calgary, Alberta.
We are seeking a driven Team Lead who has knowledge and relevant experience in government, operations, law and/or project management.
What you’ll do
- Identify new Canadian legislation, safety advisories, permit/certificate conditions and other requirements from regulators that are applicable for TC Energy and work with relevant SME’s to assess impact of regulatory matters on the Company
- Conduct analysis, reviews and approvals as part of TC Energy’s Legal Requirements Monitoring Process (LRMP). The review will confirm that the analysis demonstrates compliance and that the identified groups have deemed applicability appropriately with respect to different legal requirements along with evidencing compliance to those applicable areas
- Review and assure the completeness of action plans (as part of the LRMP) involving updates to legal requirements
- Project manage the coordination of 65+ groups and their efforts to respond to regulatory changes including supervising day to day work of the LRMP team personnel
- Provide direct support and coaching to subject matter experts in implementing compliance processes and demonstrating compliance
- Liaise with regulator staff on audits and other meetings regarding compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop and lead the implementation of simple and repeatable compliance assurance processes
- Develop strategies and plans to improve the implementation of the LRMP and the legal registry.
- University degree in a related field such as Public Policy or Law
- Minimum 10 years of progressive relevant experience in government, operations, and/or project management
- Technical expertise with demonstrated ability to interpret legislation requirements and company standards
- Law degree preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to organize and facilitate meetings and present timely and relevant information to various stakeholders
- Systems thinking with experience with pipeline infrastructure and management systems
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and team members and deliver customer centric solutions
- Active listener and solutions focused relating to multi-disciplinary problems
- Experience applying legal requirements and experience in writing regulatory-driven process and program documentation
- Exceptional analytical skills with an innate ability to think broadly and challenge status quo to create solutions where ambiguity exists
- Experience with external industry committees that influence legislation and/or facilitate discussions with government
- Experience with management of change and organizational change management activities
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software applications with an emphasis on ServiceNow, SAP, SharePoint, PowerBI and Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams and Project
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/15/2021 using reference code 84461. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.tcenergy.com.