Teine Energy Ltd.
Position: Pipeline Integrity Specialist
Teine Energy Ltd. (Teine) is a privately held company with productive assets in Alberta and Saskatchewan. We are a low-cost operator, focused on scalable, long-term profitability. At Teine, we are driven by our most important asset – our people. Our dynamic team thrives on industry disruption and works together to find innovative solutions to everyday challenges. Integrity, accountability, and humility define our character and teamwork is our keystone. We are a proud employer of energy professionals and embrace Canadians’ demand for domestically produced environmentally responsible, and ethically sourced energy.
We invite you to join our team.
As a Pipeline Integrity Specialist at our Coleville, SK field office, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of our company’s pipeline infrastructure. Your primary responsibility will be to conduct comprehensive assessments, implement maintenance strategies, and monitor the integrity of pipelines to prevent and mitigate potential risks. This role demands a strong understanding of pipeline engineering principles, integrity management practices, and regulatory compliance to safeguard the integrity of our assets and protect the environment.
- Integrity Assessments: Perform regular inspections and assessments of pipelines, utilizing advanced inspection techniques such as in-line inspection tools (smart pigs), hydrostatic testing, and direct assessments. Analyze inspection data to identify anomalies, corrosion, cracks, and other integrity issues.
- Risk Analysis: Evaluate the potential risks associated with the pipeline’s operation, considering factors like external threats (e.g., third-party damage, geohazards) and internal threats (e.g., corrosion, stress, material defects). Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Integrity Management: continue to update and evolve integrity management plans to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards. This includes assessing and prioritizing integrity threats, proposing remediation plans, and tracking the effectiveness of implemented measures.
- Data Management: Maintain comprehensive records of inspection findings, assessment reports, maintenance activities, and integrity-related data. Utilize specialized software to manage integrity data effectively and provide timely reports to management and regulatory authorities.
- Pipeline Maintenance: Collaborate with the maintenance team to plan and execute maintenance activities, including repairs, replacements, and coatings, to address identified integrity concerns.
- Regulatory Compliance: Stay current with relevant pipeline regulations, codes, and industry best practices. Ensure the company’s pipeline integrity management program adheres to all applicable standards.
- Incident Response: Support contingency plans to respond to integrity-related emergencies, such as leaks, ruptures, or other incidents. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders during emergency situations to minimize potential impacts.
- Training and Development: Conduct training sessions and workshops for employees on pipeline integrity practices, emphasizing safety protocols and best practices.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies within the pipeline integrity management program. Engage in research and development activities to explore new technologies and methodologies for enhanced pipeline integrity.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Petroleum technologist with minimum 10 years relevant experience.
- Certification in pipeline integrity management is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of pipeline inspection technologies, integrity assessment methods, and corrosion mitigation techniques.
- Familiarity with relevant industry codes and standards, such as API 1160, ASME B31.8, ASME B31.4, CSA Z662
- Strong analytical skills to interpret inspection data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach to identify potential risks and implement preventive measures.
Joining our team as a Pipeline Integrity Specialist will provide you with an opportunity to make a significant impact on the safety and reliability of our pipeline systems. If you are passionate about pipeline integrity, committed to excellence, and dedicated to environmental protection, we encourage you to apply and become an integral part of our mission to operate responsibly and sustainably.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.