TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, DIGITAL
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
The Temporary Administrative Assistant, Digital will provide administrative support to enable the continuous efficiency and effectiveness of the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) and digital leadership team (DLT). In this role, you will manage the CDO’s day-to-day calendar, and as required the, DLT calendars, including making appointments, planning meetings and events, and travel arrangements. In this temporary role, you will also actively manage the prioritization of all incoming work ensuring confidentiality standards are maintained. You will be required to anticipate the needs of the CDO, act as a proxy for the CDO when required, and handle a variety of initiatives and tasks simultaneously. This position will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and fun environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work prioritization:
- Actively manage the prioritization of all incoming planned and unplanned work for the CDO – action as appropriate incl. delegation and scheduling
- Proactively create and maintain effective process workflow for recurring work
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure all items requiring action by the CDO are flagged in a timely manner
- Schedule, agenda, travel, and event management:
- Arrange and coordinate meetings incl. workshops, offsites, customer and vendor meetings, including all logistics
- Ensure meeting materials and briefings are assembled before key internal and external engagements incl. agendas and minutes
- Coordinate travel arrangements (both domestic and international) and create trip itineraries
- Special ordering for milestones, events, and employee recognition
- Ensure CDO is suitably prepared for all meetings
- Ensure effective organization of all meetings and events that the CDO sponsors
- Communications management:
- Prepare information for internal and external communication – incl. memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Create and modify reports, letters, and presentations as required
- Assist with communicating and collaborating on priorities and expectations for the DLT and wider Digital team
- Ad-hoc duties as required incl.:
- Basic contract review
- Expense management
- Assist with performance reporting
What you must have:
- Post-secondary education in business, administration, or a related field
- 3 years or more experience supporting a senior leader in a professional organization
- Independent, agile, detail orientated critical thinker
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to recognize and anticipate prioritization requirements with ease
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in MSFT 365 incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams
- Hands-on experience of MSFT PowerBI, Workday, Concur, and Menti will be considered an asset
- Industry experience in Midstream and Utilities will be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of IT operating models will be considered an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.