TEMPORARY ANALYST, HR COMPENSATION AND REPORTING
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How will you fit in?
This role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards, supports the total rewards and greater HR team and requires an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated individual. If you are a strategic thinker who has a strong background in data management & analytics and workforce planning, this may be the right fit for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct compensation recommendations for new hires, transfers and promotions
- Assist with the administration and reporting for compensation programs, including annual salary and short-term incentive review processes
- Participate in annual and ad hoc compensation surveys
- Assist with the monthly financial accrual processes for incentive programs
Workforce Planning and Reporting
Consolidate HR data from multiple systems and produce accurate, reliable, and standardized, reporting and dashboards that are easily interpreted by the business and key stakeholders
- Working with IT and Total Rewards team, analyze current reporting and analytics processes and revise for increased efficiency and automation
- Assist with the annual budgeting process for HR, partnering with Finance to:
- Consolidate employee cost data for entry into budget system
- Create and map process
- Partner with the Finance team to build reports analyzing HR budgets and costs, and incorporate data to dashboards
- Analyze and present data to identify significant trends or key issues, provide recommendations and make presentations on trends and forecasts, predicting future issues and risks where possible
- Understand workforce planning requirements from HR Business Partners, reconcile and operationalize existing workforce planning tools and templates to enable leaders to make informed decisions on their workforce for current and future years
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Management or Data Analytics
- 2 to 4 years of related experience in data analytics, reporting and/or workforce planning
- Strong understanding of accounting processes
- Experience in compensation administration
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong design aesthetic and data visualization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and comfortable accepting new responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Self-starter, self-motivated and able to work with specific but minimal direction
- Expertise in Microsoft applications, with an advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Power BI is an asset
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.