TEMPORARY INTERN – BUSINESS ANALYST– INTERNAL AUDIT
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit, in this Temporary Intern role, you will perform professional internal auditing work which involves performing SOX planning, testing, and reporting activities. You will maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and work under moderate supervision with some latitude for initiative and independent judgment. In this junior position, you will gain valuable experience to get your career off to a great start.
Term: 6 month Internship
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with SOX planning activities including rolling forward of working papers, updating and/or creating audit test procedures, scheduling meeting and following-up on deficiencies identified in previous testing phases
- Gather evidence from relevant systems to be used for SOX testing
- Gather relevant information to assist in evaluating authority and competence of process owners and control performers
- Schedule and conduct walkthrough meetings
- Perform walkthrough testing, operational effectiveness testing, and provide support to the Internal Audit team on the various SOX Program activities
- Identify, document, and communicate control exceptions noted during testing
- Assist with reporting activities on quarterly basis and the creation of presentation materials, that includes collating and confirming correctness of information from various sources
- Support in SOX leads by assisting in liaising between the business, the third-party service provider and external audit
- Develop and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings
- Perform related work as assigned by audit management
What you must have:
- Undergraduate degree in business or MBA
- 2+ Years Experience
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices
- Skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries, and analyses
- Skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions
- Experience using Visio, Power BI, or other analytical tools would be an asset
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, agency staff, and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, multitask, and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- IT security and infrastructure knowledge would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to a person’s ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit tre.tbe.taleo.net.