TEMPORARY MANAGER, FINANCIAL CONTROLS & BUSINESS PROCESS IMPROVEMENTS
Why work at AltaGas?
We’re a leading energy infrastructure company with a footprint in some of North America’s most strategic energy markets. Our strategy is simple: to leverage the strength of our assets and expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with premier energy solutions – from the well sites of upstream producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses, and to new markets around the world.
To make this happen, we have a talented team of people who are safely and reliably operating our assets in every corner of North America. We’re incredibly proud of our team and their commitment to act with integrity, strive for operational excellence, and go the extra mile for our customers and the communities we serve. Learn more about our team, vision and strategy.
How do you fit in?
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this temporary role will be accountable for driving improvements in the design and efficiency of business processes and work with both operations and finance staff to improve the operational effectiveness of internal controls across AltaGas’ organization.
This temporary role will lead a team of professionals, with a direct line of communication to the organizations Senior Executives, explaining the organizations progress towards improved internal controls and business processes that support the financial accounting and reporting requirements of the organization. Reporting to this position will be a team of controls specialists dedicated to each of AltaGas’ segments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead process owners in designing and maintaining internal controls
- Identify and communicate potential gaps in process or control design
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve efficiency through the elimination of waste and redundant activities and the automation of manual processes
- Support control owners with respect to various audit processes
- Partner with Internal Audit and External Audit during the internal control review process
- Assist in developing and implementing activities that promote ownership and responsibility for maintaining internal control
- Support the risk assessment, scoping and analysis for identifying processes and controls that support an effective control environment
- Prepare key presentation material for senior management
- Supervise finance control analysts in the execution of these activities
- Providing leadership and technical expertise to other group members
What you must have:
- Bachelor level university degree required
- Professional designation (CPA or CA) required
- Audit firm experience preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Where you’ll be working:
This position will be located in our Head Office in downtown Calgary, AB. To learn more about our organization please visit AltaGas 101.
Ready to join our team?
If you’d like to be part of a company that invests in its people, always creates opportunities to help them grow and fosters an environment where everyone feels welcome, AltaGas is the place for you!
To apply, submit your resume in confidence to our Human Resources team by clicking on the button below or visiting www.altagas.ca/careers .
We appreciate your interest in working with us, but only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are not accepting agency referrals or telephone inquiries.
To apply for this job please visit trr.tbe.taleo.net.